How do I play the Java version of Minecraft?

Discus and support How do I play the Java version of Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; HELP! I brought Minecraft Java & bedrock version on windows 11. I go into the launcher and it only gives me the option to play the demo of the Java... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kelseathehuman1, Mar 22, 2023.

1. How do I play the Java version of Minecraft?

HELP!

I brought Minecraft Java & bedrock version on windows 11. I go into the launcher and it only gives me the option to play the demo of the Java version. If I'm correct didn't they make it so you would get the other version free if you had the other?
    How do I play the Java version of Minecraft? [​IMG]

:)

Kelseathehuman1, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?

Hello Raphael Hevron,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to play Minecraft Java version.

The Java version of Minecraft is a separate game from the Bedrock version, and it is not included with the Bedrock version. If you want to play the Java version, you will need to purchase it separately. However, if you have already purchased the Java version, you can redeem a code to get the Bedrock version for free. You can find more information on how to do this on the Minecraft website.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi Kelseathehuman1, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Is this the game that you purchase https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/minecraf...?

If so, kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that have the game then try to sign out/in from the launcher. Check if you can now play the Java version.
  6. Kirill Krasin Win User

minecraft for chromeboooks

Thema:

1. How do I play the Java version of Minecraft? - Similar Threads - play Java version

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  4. Hello i have a bedrock and Java version on windows, can i play on that account on Android?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i have a bedrock and Java version on windows, can i play on that account on Android?: I just buy minectraft and I don't want to buy on mobile and I need help with that 82314462-c6cf-468d-9575-5c70607f135f
  5. cannot play the full version of Minecraft java even AFTER purchasing bedrock I owned java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot play the full version of Minecraft java even AFTER purchasing bedrock I owned java...: I've been experiencing this issue for a long time but anything I try just doesn't work 71f39970-4931-48a7-8e9b-6430e8bbf3d6
  6. I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account: So when I changed my Microsoft gamertag and got into the minecraft launcher I could not play the full version and only demo, and I have tired logging out and in but it doesnt seem to work. It...
  7. Minecraft Java Edition: unable to login and play full version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition: unable to login and play full version: i have game pass for pc and used it to play minecraft it worked fine but from last 3 days it is asking me to login when i login with my account it says i don't own minecraft. i have checked...
  8. I'm not able to play the full Minecraft: java version sincee I migrated my account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play the full Minecraft: java version sincee I migrated my account to microsoft: Since I've migrated my Minecraft: java edition account to a microsoft one I haven't been able to access the whole version of Minecraft as it puts I haven't payed when I have. I've already talked...
  9. Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?: As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version 4ba27950-5fab-4a3f-817b-232a071d9050
  10. Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?: Hi all, my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends .(JAVA) Can we do any adjustments for it to work? Thanks 49c8c9ff-a93c-497b-a88b-eb0c3a1fe2ea