How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is...

Discus and support How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I understand game pass games are not available off line but I've paid real money for games and feel they should be available to me off line as well. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Her10UNet77, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Her10UNet77
    Her10UNet77 Guest

How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is...

I understand game pass games are not available off line but I've paid real money for games and feel they should be available to me off line as well. Is it possible or am I dishing out money on digital when I should be buying the disc?

:)

Her10UNet77, Jan 6, 2020
  2. annix Win User

How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is not always available.

Hi I might be wrong however, the project x cloud xbox app let's you do just that, its still in preview build mode so you'll have to be patient as there are only a few games on there, however more are being added each day. You can download the xcloud
    app through apple and android store. I suggest giving this a go. However you can only play the games using a smart phone and Bluetooth xbox one controller as you'll need this to be able to play via mobile
    .....this is definitely not realted to what OP was asking about. Also - the xCloud preview is still invite only, and is at this point Android only. The preview at this point still only gives access to 50 games, not your whole game library. The streaming
    portion of the app which uses your own console does provide access to your whole game library - but your console needs to be online for that.
  3. annix Win User

How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is not always available.

I'm pretty sure you need to be online because it checks if you indeed own the game when you start it up. You will need discs I'm afraid to play offline.
    This is 10000% not true. You can play your digital games on an offline Xbox as long as it is set as your home console.
  4. TaperLawyer2779 Win User

Hi I might be wrong however, the project x cloud xbox app let's you do just that, its still in preview build mode so you'll have to be patient as there are only a few games on there, however more are being added each day. You can download the xcloud app
    through apple and android store. I suggest giving this a go. However you can only play the games using a smart phone and Bluetooth xbox one controller as you'll need this to be able to play via mobile
  5. That Mercenary Win User

Great question! Here is probably one of the most useful links I've found, enjoy! Any other questions, don't hesitate!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-how-to-play-downloadable-games-offline/1100-6416322/
  6. vSolace Win User

Hello, is the Xbox you want to play these games on your home Xbox?
Thema:

1. How do I play my purchased digital games off line? I have them downloaded and internet is... - Similar Threads - play purchased digital

2. i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it....: i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it. how can i install it or run it using xcloud? 0fd8e2a6-a840-464e-8fe1-160056b9359d
  3. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  4. Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.: I’ve transferred one of my sons Xbox profiles to a new Xbox one s console. Some content is showing as purchased but when he tries to play it, it says he needs to purchase it in the store. When...
  5. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  6. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  7. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  8. If I purchase a digital game on Xbox one UK, will I be able to play on xbox series X ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a digital game on Xbox one UK, will I be able to play on xbox series X ?: If I purchase a digital game on Microsoft will I be able to play on xbox series X & Xbox one ? 2c834b64-66df-4b2c-82df-647d36b61ec7
  9. If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...: If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x ? Or do I have to buy the game from Xbox series x. I’m currently on Xbox one Would...
  10. why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new: i have previously purchased tom clancys rainbow six seige on my old gen xbox but after buying a new gen xbox and trying to play it, it is saying that i dont own this game. this has also happened...