How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

Discus and support How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a usb 3.0 4TB drive to store my XOne, 360 and Xbox games on. I told the XOne to move all games to the external and it did it without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AkinokazeHaruichiban, Oct 4, 2020.

  1. How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?


    I recently bought a usb 3.0 4TB drive to store my XOne, 360 and Xbox games on.

    I told the XOne to move all games to the external and it did it without any trouble, but all of the saved game files have remained on the internal HD.

    I used to play games offline quite often due to spotty internet or moving homes, so i'm not confident that all of my saves are backed up to the cloud [and don't know how to upload/download them in bulk to/from there anyway] so want to transfer everything
    to the HD.

    Besides, if all of those games will be running off the external anyway, the saves should be stored with them instead of taking up space on the internal.

    How do I move them?

    :)
     
    AkinokazeHaruichiban, Oct 4, 2020
    #1
  2. AkinokazeHaruichiban Win User

    How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

    I know that is how it works, but I don't know if I was online the last time I played each game, I don't want to have to relaunch 200 installed games to ensure that they are all fully synced up before moving to the XsX next month.

    Is there any way to force the system to sync all my saves on the system level without having to relaunch every game?

    Sometimes connections go down while gaming, and we don't always stop playing while offline or continue playing until the connection is back, this is why it's important to be able to backup saves externally, or at least to check that all of our saves are
    properly synced.
  3. AkinokazeHaruichiban Win User

    How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

    That terrible for backing up stuff, I don't even fully trust MS to handle it fully ever since I found out that at least one of the games I've bought on the 360 store, still shows as unowned on the XOne store even though it's meant to be showing the 360 game
    [Dead Space: Ignition.]

    Is there at least a way to tell the console to check that every save file on the internal storage is properly synced with the cloud, so that I don't risk losing progress if anything isn't already synced?
  4. [Farscape] Win User

    How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

    you cannot move save to an external drive at all, when you sign in on the new console your gamesaves will auto download when you start the game, this is the only way.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

    How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

    Hey Akinokaze

    Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

    As stated by Xbox Forums Ambassador
    [Farscape]
    , this is a process that is done automatically with Xbox One consoles.

    As long as you were connected to the internet the last time you launch any game that you own, your save data should have synced to the

    cloud storage
    .

    Once you launch your game on a different console, your save data should automatically sync to your console and allow you to pick up where you left off.

    I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have cause.
  6. Marius OttesenHølle Win User

    game saves

    i have suggestion why its very bad to have to open all games to move to cloud in 360 you was able to backup all game saves even move them to cloud with xbox live gold im talking about doing so if hardrives is combatible with xbox series why not just put
    all saves on a hardrive jesus how do i do this im having connection issues i have to use vpn or mobile simcard to download xbox 360 profile i dont get any achievments too because of this is all 360 games stored in cloud do i have to use other connection to
    download my save im not on xbox live gold but i did backup my settings i have no0t checked other games than battlefield

    how about just put in external usb put save there put it in xbox series s
Thema:

How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X?

Loading...
  1. How do I physically backup my saved games ready for the move to the series X? - Similar Threads - physically backup saved

  2. I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0)

    in XboX Insiders
    I pre-ordered AC8 for Xbox physically but haven’t been provided the bonus I was promised (AC0): Hi, was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I pre-ordered AC8 but there was no code or email with a code to download AC0 which was supposed to be a pre-order bonus. Any help...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Physical to Digital Upgrade for GTA V?

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical to Digital Upgrade for GTA V?: A few months back Rockstar Games put for free the Enhanced Edition upgrade for everyone who had the game (either physical or digital) with the exception of the physical owners of the Xbox One...
  5. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  6. Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...: I really wanted to Pre-order The Blood of Dawnwalker, but since there was no physical release for PC (basically, no love for PC physical), I went with Onimusha. But, I am wondering, if I order a...
  7. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  8. Physical to digital games I am in preview Omega

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical to digital games I am in preview Omega: Has anyone tried the new physical to digital for your Xbox game discs yet? I'm just curious to see if it's even out on the preview but I'm not sure how to tell I can't find it in the Xbox inside...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...