How do I obtain save files from Xbox Cloud Gaming servers?

Discus and support How do I obtain save files from Xbox Cloud Gaming servers? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been recently playing oblivion on cloud gaming. I just wanted to test it out on the Xbox app on pc as I have Xbox ultimate. I got pretty into it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/allomyho, Nov 6, 2021.

1. /u/allomyho
    /u/allomyho Guest

I have been recently playing oblivion on cloud gaming. I just wanted to test it out on the Xbox app on pc as I have Xbox ultimate. I got pretty into it so I now want to play with some mods. I have the fully downloaded the game now through game pass with visual mods and now I want to play on my save from the cloud gaming thing.

Is it possible to get the save files from cloud gaming onto my PCs hard drive? I’ve looked for hours now and I can’t find a clear answer.

submitted by /u/allomyho
    [link] [comments]

/u/allomyho, Nov 6, 2021
  2. DrunkenAcid Win User

NBA 2k17 CORRUPTED FILE

When you removed the game, did you remove the save file that is stored locally on the Xbox? If so, it sounds like the save file might actually be corrupted on the cloud server that is syncing with your profile. If that is the case, unfortunately you will
    have to remove the save file from both the cloud server and your Xbox. This will however cause you to have to restart in your game.

How to remove both the cloud save and local save:

1. Go to you My Games & Apps

2. Find NBA2k17 and press the menu button and select manage game

3. Go to the save data, press the menu button witht he save data selected and hit Delete.

4. A window will pop-up asking if you want to delete everywhere or just from the console, select everywhere. This will remove all saved data from the cloud as well as the console.

I hope this helps!
  3. Luciiferous Win User

Lost save files from Xbox cloud gaming

Hi Edo,

To restore your game save files from the cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically download your game progress from their online cloud servers for all your game data. I would assume since the game was force-closed, it was unable to save your progress.
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Starfield saves

Hi Tylon001

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know if you can save your game progress to your local PC storage and unto the cloud. As you were unable to locate your game save files when you try to search it on your end.

We understand, that you are quite at loss right now. As you were unable to locate the game save progress of your Starfield game. That is why we will do our best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

By the way, here are the steps we would like you to try:

If you want to save your game progress in Starfield from both local storage and cloud, you need to know where to find the game save files and how to back them up. Depending on whether you are playing Starfield on Steam or Xbox Game Pass, the game save file location may vary. Here are the possible locations for each platform:

• Steam: C:\Users_your_username_here_\Documents\My Games\Starfield\Saves1

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers2

To back up your game save files from local storage, you can follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and go to the game save file location of your choice.

• Copy the entire Starfield folder or the specific save files you want to back up and paste them into another folder somewhere else. You can also rename the folder or the files to indicate the date or the mission of your progress.

To restore your game save files, simply copy the backup files and paste them back into the original game save file location.

To back up your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically sync your game progress to their online cloud servers. You can also find a local copy of your cloud saves in these locations:

• Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\click on your user number (different for everyone)\1716740 > remote > Saves

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers

To restore your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically download your game progress from their online cloud servers. You can also copy the local copy of your cloud saves and paste them into the original game save file location.

Let me know if this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. maxen Win User

Didn't save my 360 games to the cloud...only to usb drive

Hi YokingDiamond,

Some games automatically saved your progress to their servers (for instance, Shadow Complex did this I think), but for most games the only way to transfer progress is for the save file to be on the cloud. One way you could do this is to borrow a friend's
    Xbox 360 - plug in your USB drive, go into Storage settings and then manually upload them all to the cloud. You don't need the games installed to move the save file, you just need to be signed into your profile on that console.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. AlphaNobleOmega Win User

Do you lose your saved games if you delete or uninstall a game

If you are on the Xbox One, your game save file is also saved on server through the cloud. When you re-install a game your save will sync back toy where you last saved.
Thema:

1. How do I obtain save files from Xbox Cloud Gaming servers? - Similar Threads - obtain save files

2. Obtain firmware as well Pair Turtle Beach Stealth Pro,to Xbox Series X,phone as well system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Obtain firmware as well Pair Turtle Beach Stealth Pro,to Xbox Series X,phone as well system?: unable to pair stealth pro, headset so phone can locate inorder to view hub as well set. System won't pair to device to register firmware ea171349-d185-4968-b682-0dc6a568aa82
  3. "MS auth has failed: XSTS token obtaining has failed" on minecraft, feather client...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "MS auth has failed: XSTS token obtaining has failed" on minecraft, feather client...: I tried everything, but it keeps returning the above mentioned error. It seems literally no one else has this issue, and it seems it only happens on feather client....
  4. What to do when unable to obtain vehicle from “Car Packs”?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do when unable to obtain vehicle from “Car Packs”?: I’m currently having trouble with obtaining the Hennessey Venom F5 from the “Car Packs” page. Anytime I click the vehicle, a message pops up saying “Already Purchased. This content has already...
  5. Can not obtain a purchase receipt for a free game that I need for proof of ownership.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not obtain a purchase receipt for a free game that I need for proof of ownership.: Hello, I am wanting to inquire about a purchase receipt for a free game Roblox insists that I need this as proof of ownership of my account. however since it was a free game there is no perchance...
  6. Obtained Achievement Hide Feature

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Obtained Achievement Hide Feature: I would really love to hide some game achievements from games I'm no longer interested in, I'd like my achievement list to be clean and tidy. However, Xbox doesn't allow me to, only games with 0...
  7. What are/how to obtain XBL2.0 Tokens

in XBoX on Windows
    What are/how to obtain XBL2.0 Tokens: I know of XBL3.0 tokens and what they do but I’m interested in what XBL2.0 tokens are, I’ve heard people talk about them and I’ve seen one but I do not know what they do or how to obtain one. If...
  8. How do I obtain Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I obtain Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition was delisted from the eshop in late 2018 but I would like to play that version instead of the bedrock edition which feels inferior to its predecessor....
  9. Why can't i obtain my microsoft points for "Play with friends on PC" on the xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i obtain my microsoft points for "Play with friends on PC" on the xbox app?: Hello ive been using microsoft rewards and the xbox app for along time and it's been great. However recently i found out that in the rewards section i've been not able to redeem my points for...
  10. Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to...: Hey, if you read the title you know what the problem is, but I'd like to give some context. Several years ago I purchased MC Pocket Edition for a Kindle Fire 7, one of the really old generations...