how do i move my xbox live account to a new account

Discus and support how do i move my xbox live account to a new account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; how do i move my xbox live account to a new account 76c0e321-b1c4-45f1-96db-bd9589ea24b4 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TMig, Mar 20, 2023.

1. TMig
    TMig Guest

:)

2. bowski477 Win User

3. WPAK Win User

Change the e-mail associated to the Xbox Live account

Hi there,

yes that is possible, but it will require a few steps.

Because currenlty on the new outlook account there is due to the use via windows Phone a xbox live account present.

That will first need to be deleted before you will be able to move your current xbox live account to it.

This link will explain the steps on how to switch the Microsoft Account connected to a xbox live account.

-

The steps are:

1. download the xbox live account on the outlook account to the xbox console, see this link for the how to:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

2. wait 30 days. An account can only be moved to a different MS account when it has been on a console for at least 30 days without being downloaded

3. Move the xbox live account on the outlook account to a new (temporary) Microsoft account. This will free up the outlook account from any xbox live account. Be sure to turn the Phone off, because that could generate a new xbox live account again.

4.Move your currenlty xbox live account to the new outlook account.

-

I hope that makes some sense :)

If there are any questions just let us know.
  4. Caliberaid Win User

Removing Microsoft-account from Xbox Live account

Might anyone know how it is possible to remove (Detatch) my Xbox 360 Live account (which was never paid for) from my microsoft account? Oh, and I am prevented and cannot choose to click or open the green boxes labeled "account" or "privacy" from my xbox
    360 dashboard, and how can I move my primary Email address that I use for everything which IS my microsoft account to a new "free" generated xbox gamer profile: ""Q1: How do I remove my xbox profile from my microsoft account which is my primary email?"" ""Q2:
    How can I apply my Email/Micro-account for my new gamer profile without live or Email?"" Please..?
  5. xDaavidDj Win User

Xbox live profiles can't be downloaded right now try again later.

How can I move my account if my account is already deleted from Xbox Live??
  6. WPAK Win User

a unique situation

Hi there,

So if I understand correctly, you would prefer your new xbox live account moved to the old email address. Correct?

The only way to remove a gamertag from an email address is by moving it to a different email address (Microsoft Account), but in order to do so, the account must be on a console for at least 30 days without it being downloaded in that period.

Besides that, replacing it with the new one, will also result in loss of the balance on the current account, since that would need to be moved too.

See the steps on how to move a xbox live account to a different email address and all restrictions etc here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. how do i move my xbox live account to a new account - Similar Threads - move live account

2. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  3. Want to move xbox live account to new microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to move xbox live account to new microsoft account: It is literally pulling teeth to try to get in touch with someone about this issue, so I filled out a general microsoft support request out of desperation (mod removed) that is probably going to...
  4. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  5. How do I move Xbox Live (3 mth sub) from my account to sons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I move Xbox Live (3 mth sub) from my account to sons?: Hi Made a mum error. I got a digital 3 mth one-off subscription from Amazon today and made the mistake of redeeming this on my microsoft account. Now when I log in there is no option to transfer...
  6. How do I move an Xbox Live account to another email? And unlink it with my account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I move an Xbox Live account to another email? And unlink it with my account?: I've been through these forums a dozen times. Many, many people have asked the same question and they all get the same bottled response that don't actually answer the question. I'm hoping my post...
  7. Any Way to Move Fortnite Skins to another Xbox Live Account??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any Way to Move Fortnite Skins to another Xbox Live Account??: My son has shared my Xbox Live account (two Xboxes) and so he has a bunch of Fortnite skins that he's earned/purchased. I learned about Whole Home and want to get us on separate Profiles so that...
  8. Move xbox live account to a different gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live account to a different gamertag: Hi all, When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given his old 360 and games. However, when I sign in...
  9. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  10. Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's): Hello, Currently my son lives at home and he has xbox360 (main account) and I have xboxone which we both were using his xbox live gold account. He is moving out and I need to set up my own xbox...