How do I migrate my Xbox Live Account to another Live ID?

Discus and support How do I migrate my Xbox Live Account to another Live ID? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to move my son's Xbox Live account and progress off my Live ID account. The current issue is he know is able to login to all my email and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jkru(2), Mar 13, 2020.

1. jkru(2)
    jkru(2) Guest

I need to move my son's Xbox Live account and progress off my Live ID account. The current issue is he know is able to login to all my email and anywhere I use my Live ID. I would like to change the account so I can reclaim my email account and he can
    continue to use his Xbox Live account. How can this be accomplished?

:)

jkru(2), Mar 13, 2020
  2. Rodx1988 Win User

Xbox ID transfer problem

The problem is that i just can't migrate from Windows Live ID to another, since im not able to download this profile in my console. It always say that i am unable to download it at this time and to try again later.

All i want to do is change the Windows Live ID attached to the Xbox Live Account.
  3. Panno92 Win User

Hi, unfortunately it is not possbile to remove the relation between an xbox account and its e-mail...

The only way is to create a new e-mail for your son, make it primary and the completely cancel/remove the old e-mail,
    but doing this you will completely lose your old e-mail!

The other way is to create a new account for your son, add it to your MS family and then make the xbox as your account (the old one) "home" console, in this way your son will be able to play all the game purchased on the old account, but he will lose all
    his progress...

You can find a guide here, but as stated you need to choose what to lose https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  4. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Hi Jkru, your project is not possible, you can't merge 2 live IDs. You can only share your content with your son. This is explained to you in the post of Panno92
  5. ArminatorX Win User

The steps Panno92 describes are correct.

So be aware that the process deletes your Microsoft Account, and if your account actually is from a Microsoft Domain like Outlook.com, Office365, Live.com, Hotmail.com, you WILL lose your mail!

However, if you use a third party email provider like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or your own domain that is NOT a Microsoft Service (e.g. Office 365, Hotmail, Live.com, Outlook.com etc.), your email account will stay with the third party provider (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo
    etc.).

However every Microsoft Service connected to your account will move to your son's account (OneDrive, Outlook Calendar etc.)
  6. Mequetrefi Win User

Parece que você encontrou um glitch no sistema.

Como faço pra transferir minha conta XBOX Live para outra conta Windows Live ID?

[mod translation: How can i transfer my
    Xbox Live account to another account
    to Windows Live ID?]
Thema:

1. How do I migrate my Xbox Live Account to another Live ID? - Similar Threads - migrate Live Account

2. Minecraft Account Lost After Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Account Lost After Migration: I migrated my Minecraft account on January 2, 2022; I know this because I have the confirmation email for it. When I try to sign in to Minecraft.net with that email through Microsoft, it said my...
  3. Migrate Xbox account question and help…

in XboX Insiders
    Migrate Xbox account question and help…: I have a question for this group. My son has been using my Xbox account, which is tied to my main email address, since he was 12 years old (my son is now 22). I use the same email address for all...
  4. Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft)

in XBoX on Windows
    Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft): I know its been... forever but I would still like the migrator cape in which I should have received. I migrated my account in late 2021-early 2022 (?) and still haven't received my cape. I've...
  5. How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process: I recently discovered that I am no longer able to play Minecraft using my old Mojang account due to a migration process. It seems that I didn't migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account...
  6. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  7. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  8. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  9. If I have both versions of GTA on my Xbox can I have both with the same character when migrated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have both versions of GTA on my Xbox can I have both with the same character when migrated: I know now if you migrate accounts you won’t lose the data but I have both the new and old versions of the game on my Xbox will I lose the character on the old version of the game because they’re...
  10. Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...: Hello. When migration was going on, I migrated my Mojang Account into a Microsoft Account. A while after, I was required to create a Xbox Live account in order to log into MultiMC, a popular...