How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app?

Discus and support How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 1gb/s internet wired into my computer and i get download speeds between 1mb per second and 30 and it rapidly goes from up to 30 to all the way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Drew Dougherty, Nov 27, 2022.

1. How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app?

I have 1gb/s internet wired into my computer and i get download speeds between 1mb per second and 30 and it rapidly goes from up to 30 to all the way back down to 1 then back up again over and over. I'm not using any other applications. I tried turning a vpn on and it does nothing (attempting to stop any ISP from my internet provider, verizon) I have already tried changing the bandwidth setting to 100 percent in windows but has made no impact.

How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app? [​IMG]

How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app? [​IMG]

:)

Drew Dougherty, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Drew, most of the time these changes will have no impact, when you do the speed test by your browser, you are doing a test between your residence and your Intenet provider, in case Verizon so the high values.

When you download a game it will make the servers of the developers, which have varied upload rates.

You can try changing your DNS, this can help resolve the name faster and also check that there is some active antivirus running in real time that may be hindering downloads.
  3. Captain Foxglove Win User

Installing a game

Unfortunately short of paying for a better internet package there is little you can do to speed up game downloads. My only suggestion us not playing online games while downloading as it appears to make it go a tiny bit faster.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Download Speeds

Hello Knight,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having slow speeds while downloading. We recommend trying the guide for
    slow game or app installation. As to explain
    how or why some download faster is the mystery no one is able to explain. As game updates do not come from the Xbox servers but the game servers themselves. Personally has happened to me also where kids on Wifi download faster than I do on a wired connection.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. maxen Win User

SE TARDA MUCHO EN DESCARGAR JUEGOS E INSTALACIONES / It takes long to DOWNLOAD GAMES AND FACILITIES

Hello Predicate,

Go ahead and turn off and on your router and home network equipment too and see if that makes a difference.

Download speed is always going to depend on other devices on the network, so if other devices are downloading things or streaming video, this will negatively impact your Xbox One download speed. In this case, turn off the other devices and your Xbox One
    should start downloading things a bit faster.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. SpicyBanana1702 Win User

Game installation pause delay

Yes, I do. I found that if I set the xbox to 'go offline' the speed at which I can pause them is a LOT faster (still considerably slower than past XBox OS updates - but a lot faster.

Try this? (Yes, I do mean for DIGITAL DOWNLOADS too!)
Thema:

1. How do I make my download speeds go faster in xbox app? - Similar Threads - download speeds faster

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  8. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  9. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  10. Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed: I've tried all sorts of things, but every time I test the network settings my uploads speeds are around 5 Mbps, but downloads are only 2.64 Mbps! The WIFI speed also is only 5 Mbps, and signal...