How do I link my previous gamertag with a new email account?

Discus and support How do I link my previous gamertag with a new email account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve recently been locked out of my Hotmail account that’s linked to my xbox. It’s an account that I set up 15 years ago and the recovery phone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Blunder663, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Blunder663
    Blunder663 Guest

Hi, I’ve recently been locked out of my Hotmail account that’s linked to my xbox. It’s an account that I set up 15 years ago and the recovery phone number linked to the account is now obsolete. I’ve tried 30+ times to recover the account but every time I try it’s just says account recovery failed.

I’ve created a new outlook account but wondering if there was anyway of linking it to my previous xbox account?

I’ve recently bought a new xbox which is where the issues have mainly come from as I can’t sign into the new xbox. I’ve had to create a new account. I’m still signed into my old xbox but I don’t want to lose years or progress.

Thanks

:)

Blunder663, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Blunder663, unfortunately you can't transfer a Gamertag from one account to another, even if it wasn't blocked.

In your case as you have a new account you can choose the same Gamertag for your account, but it will come with the suffix #123456.

More information about Gamertags at the links below.

How to change your Xbox gamertag

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Xbox gamertag FAQ

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Switching my epics games to this account

Hi XI Nabeel XI

Try this link to see if it is any help with making the change you are looking for How do
    I change the email on my Epic Games account?

If your son doesn't have the epic account setup already then create the account and then link the new gamertag to it and then try linking his fortnite.
  4. Darth Destroyer Win User

Gamertag ocupado [gamertag busy]

Basically they are saying that they want to recover a gamertag that the accidentally deleted and how do they go about getting it back.

Bing Translation:

Hello

long accidentally I deleted my xbox account, and a month ago I could return to create it using the same email above.

The problem is that I try to change my gamertag for the first time and get me that the gamertag is busy, seeing the data of the user of this gamertag I realize account that refers to my previous account.

is there any way to recover the gamertag, still has the previous not her I open because it used the same email that I use now?
  5. LALMYKE Win User

Deleting my account

how do i link my gamertag to bungie.net i used my email from my xboxlive account but its not working thou it has my game info it says it not linked
  6. TheWonderSquid Win User

Problem updating email on Xbox Live account

Thema:

1. How do I link my previous gamertag with a new email account? - Similar Threads - link previous gamertag

2. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  3. Why does EA link not work !?!?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does EA link not work !?!?!: So I am sick to the back teeth with EA, I pay for the service through my Gamepass account and can't access it as apparently it can only be linked to an account for once in its lifetime yet I have...
  4. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  5. Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to

in XboX Insiders
    Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to: https://twitch.tv/b_gaming99 submitted by /u/Young_onion99 [link] [comments]
  6. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  7. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  8. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  9. I just got a charge on my account but my card isnt linked to an account. It was previously...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a charge on my account but my card isnt linked to an account. It was previously...: No game sharing, i dont save the information anywhere and i dont even use my physical card so no possibility someones using it f385709a-f972-4df0-831d-c0686bb6e405
  10. Previous Microsoft Response that was in Link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Microsoft Response that was in Link: Microsoft Bingo has not Connected to Server for now over Three Days - MS Case Number 1403390248 [img] For the last three days, many users have been posting messages in the Microsoft Support Page...