How do I link my offline account to a pre-existing Xbox live account

Discus and support How do I link my offline account to a pre-existing Xbox live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a long time ago i made an offline account for my Xbox 360 then when I got an Xbox one I had to make a live account now I want my old account to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The big E97, Feb 4, 2018.

1. The big E97
    The big E97 Guest

So a long time ago i made an offline account for my Xbox 360 then when I got an Xbox one I had to make a live account now I want my old account to be the same account for games like fable 2 and DBZX but I can't figure it out and want any answers like link
    cables or anything

:)

The big E97, Feb 4, 2018
  2. BaggySea
    BaggySea Guest
    Linking an Old Profile to an Xbox Live account

I have a profile on my brother's but I want to link it to my pre-existing Xbox live account. How can i link the two and if I can't , how can I move that profile to my own Xbox?

BaggySea, Feb 4, 2018
  3. sletanter
    sletanter Guest
    Moved to another country

Hello, I have a French XBox live account linked to my windows Live account, but since then I moved to the UK. I would like to create a new XBox live account and link it to my existing Windows Live account. How can I do that? I have tried to close my existing
    Xbox live account but I have not found anything on how to do it. S.

sletanter, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

There is no way to merge accounts. You would need to join live with your offline account and sign into it on the One in order to use it.

Smwutches, Feb 4, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

There is no way to merge accounts. You would need to join live with your offline account and sign into it on the One in order to use it.
  6. ClearableGore81 Win User

Can I Connect My Offline Profile To My Windows Live Profile?

I have this same issue. I have:

a) an Xbox which has never been online and ...

b) a pre-existing MS account (which has never been associated with an Xbox account).

(I know they're all merged now, but I'm using the names 'Xbox' vs. 'MS' for clarity). Am I to understand the steps to merge them are as follows:

1. On my acutal XBox device, I make the offline Xbox account into Online Xbox Live account (using the gamertag I want)

2. Somewhere (don't know where), I change the MS account associated with my newly-created gamertag/Xbox account to my pre-existing MS account.

Does this sound right? Where is step 2 done? On my Xbox or on my desktop? I read the following link, but it's not exactly the situation described here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Of course, it would be ideal if an offline account could just be directly linked to a pre-exisiting MS account.
  7. WPAK Win User

join existing local profile to existing live account?

Hi there,

-

No, you can't merge a local profile with an already existing Xbox Live account, it is only possible to 'upgrade' that local profile to a new Xbox Live account. If you want to do that see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag
  8. IRB Win User

Xbox Live account switch

Hi, I don't believe the is a way to link an offline account to an existing Xbox live account. You may be able to convert the offline profile to an online one but you would need to create a new account at that time.
  9. nathanduke2 Win User

Two xboxes same account can’t play at same time?

That’s outrageous. How do I create a separate account for a pre existing account ie my daughters account . Do I have to start from scratch for her?
Thema:

1. How do I link my offline account to a pre-existing Xbox live account - Similar Threads - link offline account

2. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  3. Why does EA link not work !?!?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does EA link not work !?!?!: So I am sick to the back teeth with EA, I pay for the service through my Gamepass account and can't access it as apparently it can only be linked to an account for once in its lifetime yet I have...
  4. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  5. Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to

in XboX Insiders
    Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to: https://twitch.tv/b_gaming99 submitted by /u/Young_onion99 [link] [comments]
  6. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  7. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  8. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  9. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  10. Playing EA owned games offline on a linked Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing EA owned games offline on a linked Xbox One: i have an owned EA game and my EA account linked to my xbox one , when i try to play my EA game on xbox it says "sign in with profile used to buy this game , make sure subscription to Gold , game...