How do i leave my family group as under 18

Discus and support How do i leave my family group as under 18 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The organiser of the family group has got a new account without deleting the group so i cant play multiplayer games at all and every tutorial i find... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tyler Henderson1, May 18, 2023.

1. How do i leave my family group as under 18

The organiser of the family group has got a new account without deleting the group so i cant play multiplayer games at all and every tutorial i find requires me to be over 18

:)

Tyler Henderson1, May 18, 2023
  2. Tyler Henderson1 Win User

but the organiser doesnt have the account anymore
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Tyler!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, it is not possible to remove your account from the Microsoft Family since the system has detected that your account is a child account. Only the Main account/Parent account has this privilege.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation (A child account can't remove itself from the Microsoft family)

An adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older upon the account's first creation

The next best option you have is to contact the owner of the Organizer/Parent account and inform the owner to remove your account from Microsoft Family by signing on account.microsoft.com > Family.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference links:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for....
  4. XBF John Win User

Stuck in xbox family group and can't leave

Hello,

Check this webpage for information on leaving a family group as the organizer: Leave family group or remove members. Check under the dropdown menu called Leave family group (organizer).

Did you try to change these settings at xbox.com/privacy? And is your account listed at 18 years or older, or did it age up into adult status and was previous a child account?

Thank you,

5. Onyx Is Here Win User

hello, I have an account 13 plus and minecraft and microsoft but I still can't leave the family, what can I do?

Hello Red_927, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I'm afraid that you would not be able to leave your family at the moment as your account is under age still. It must be at least 18 or the age of majority in your country in order for you to promote it to adult and then leave the family group.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I am the only one in my family group, and I am not the organizer. How can I change my safety settings?

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

If you are of legal age (eg 18 in the US), you can remove yourself from the family group using a Windows device.
    In the console, any other organizer in the family group can remove it. To do this, ask him to follow the steps in the previous section.
    Note If you are the only organizer in a family group that includes child accounts, first remove the member from the family group. After removing them, add them to another family group so they can continue to use Xbox services.
    To remove yourself online:
    Sign in to your family Microsoft account.
    Microsoft account
    Under your name, select Leave Family.

Hope I helped and see you soon
Thema:

1. How do i leave my family group as under 18 - Similar Threads - leave family group

2. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  3. Cant leave family altough I dont have family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant leave family altough I dont have family: [img] I cannot remove myself from the family altough there is only my acocunt on the family. there is no 3 dot menu to change my settings or leave my family. e8be3ba4-2d65-4e7e-89fd-f6af21c0ae80
  4. leaving family

in XBoX Accessibility
    leaving family: I Have recently bought Minecraft and because of some reasons I am In a family and I cannot leave it.People say to click on 3 dots but I CANNOT see the dots even I tried 3 browsers but it didnt...
  5. Why can't I leave my family group?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I leave my family group?: A long time ago, my father added my Microsoft access to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group. But my account was stuck and couldn't be deleted I always get the...
  6. Why can i not leave my family group?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can i not leave my family group?: A long time ago my father had added my microsoft acc to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group. But my acc was stuck and couldnt be removed. I have tried multiple other...
  7. Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023: I am an adult and for some reason I'm part of a family group. I cannot leave the family group, I cannot find the "more options" button anywhere to remove myself from the family group. Xbox will...
  8. I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group...: I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group anymore 26c4888f-cdb9-4569-81c1-b5df88792a29
  9. How do I leave a Family Group?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I leave a Family Group?: So I created an account a while back before I was 18 and I guess at some point made it a Family Group. And while I am the only organizer, whenever I try to add others, it asks me to request my...
  10. i cant leave family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant leave family group: when i try to leave there isnt anywhere i can go to leave my acount is above 18 and there is no 3 dots next to my name to leave and i cant even click my profile picture someone help me please...