How do I go about refunding my Microsoft account balance?

Discus and support How do I go about refunding my Microsoft account balance? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I ordered a controller 18 days ago and Fed Ex lost my package.It was delayed at first then I got a new delivery date,and then the next day I checked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheGreenBlazer, Jun 1, 2023.

1. How do I go about refunding my Microsoft account balance?

I ordered a controller 18 days ago and Fed Ex lost my package.It was delayed at first then I got a new delivery date,and then the next day I checked it's progress again and it was delayed again so I called Fed Ex and they told me they had lost my package and that I'd need to get a refund through Microsoft.So I called Microsoft support and was told my case would need to be escalated but that I'd get a call from the escalation team in 24-48 hours to finish processing my refund.Today I was checking my emails and I see I had a email about my case,they are now telling me that I'll need to file a police report for a stolen/lost package and then go to my bank and request a chargeback.The problem with that though is when I ordered the controller I used $44.17 from my Microsoft account balance and only charged the rest which was $9.09 from my bank.I've had to do 2 other chargebacks before and from talking to the bank manager previously I'm fairly sure that they will only be able to let me chargeback what has been charged from my account,which is only $9.09,a far cry from the total of $49.26 that Microsoft received from me.The bank was closed by the time I seen the email so I'll confirm things tomorrow,but my question is,if that is what they end up telling me how am I supposed to go about getting back my $40.17 I spent from my Microsoft account balance?

:)

TheGreenBlazer, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. It seems to be that there was a confusion between you and the Microsoft Support team. You're actually right, your bank could only give you a refund from the money that was taken from your bank account as split payment. Your Microsoft balance is non-transferable. If you spent it and get refunded, it should return back to your MS balance.

My suggestion here for you is that you contact back Microsoft Support to follow up regarding your case. Please tell them that your main payment method for that said order was your Microsoft balance.
  3. Hamada Omar Win User

Can’t purchase the game pass ultimate

Hello my friend,

Thank you for your response,

So i will go forward to refund my microsoft balance!

Is there any way to make a refund receipt from microsoft ?

I cant find any request refund button in my Microsoft account home page
  4. Carlos Delgado1 Win User

Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up

Yeah, same here i go into my payment and billing, click payment options, add a new payment, and i see nothing that says Microsoft account balance. I first noticed this when i redeemed a 3$ from Microsoft rewards points and noticed that it was not in my balance. So I couldn’t use any of the Microsoft account balance in the store.

How do i check my balance and how can i use it
  5. Supernova Born Win User

How to refund to my Microsoft account balance

Edit: to make more clear i refunded the thing i bought, not the gift card
  6. John P_14 Win User

How to refund to my Microsoft account balance

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Once your refund request is accepted, the funds will be returned to your Microsoft Account Balance or the payment method that was used for the transaction. Microsoft does not have the option to transfer funds from one payment method to another.
Thema:

1. How do I go about refunding my Microsoft account balance? - Similar Threads - refunding Microsoft account

2. Refund of Microsoft Account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Refund of Microsoft Account balance: Why is it not possible for Microsoft to refund my account balance to a registered payment method? I have 20 euros I would like back in my personal account as I have no intention to purchase...
  3. Refund for the money I used to buy Minecraft Java because my Microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for the money I used to buy Minecraft Java because my Microsoft account has been...: About a year ago, I was hacked and my Microsoft Account was stolen and I have been contacting Microsoft this whole time and no one ever helped me. I use $35 dollars on Minecraft Java. Whenever I...
  4. Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?: First of all I have no idea about how my account got hacked as the passwords are not saved in the browser. Secondly, for a company like microsoft it is unexpected that they don't even send code to...
  5. Account hacked and suspended by Microsoft. Anyway to refund my purchases?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and suspended by Microsoft. Anyway to refund my purchases?: My account was recently hacked by an email .....@rambler.ua. I later contacted Microsoft and was told to give some info to prove it was my account. I was unfortunately told that my account cant be...
  6. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...
  7. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked: My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get...
  8. Can I get a refund for VBucks Redeemed to my Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund for VBucks Redeemed to my Microsoft Account?: Hi There, We bought a V-Bucks gift card in GAME Redeemed it on the EPIC GAMES Website Followed the prompts to then enter the 25 digit code on Microsoft The Bucks are now stuck on my...
  9. Help - Xbox Live refund and don't know Microsoft account details

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help - Xbox Live refund and don't know Microsoft account details: Hi, I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with this. I've just been charged to renew my Xbox Live subscription for the year as it's on autorenew. If possible, I would like to get a...
  10. Digital Refund was approved but money is not showing up In Microsoft account balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital Refund was approved but money is not showing up In Microsoft account balance: Hello, I bought Microsoft Flight Sim digitally on August 3rd, and I realized I couldn’t play it on my Xbox. I requested a refund and it was approved but the refunded money isn’t showing up in my...