How do I give my son his xbox account. I want to take it out of my name and put it in his.

Discus and support How do I give my son his xbox account. I want to take it out of my name and put it in his. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has an xbox account that is under my name and uses my email address, I want to take only his xbox account out of my name and off of my email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KRT111, Nov 28, 2022.

1. KRT111
    KRT111 Guest

How do I give my son his xbox account. I want to take it out of my name and put it in his.

My son has an xbox account that is under my name and uses my email address, I want to take only his xbox account out of my name and off of my email address and put it in his name and on his email address. Can someone help me please?

:)

KRT111, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on changing the account to another email.

Just a heads up, this can only happen if you are using a third party email on the Microsoft account. If you are using outlook, hotmail or any first party email from Microsoft, you will not be able to change this without removing or deleting the main email.

You can review the process here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

You cannot transfer an Xbox account to another MSA as well since it is already synced to that specific MSA. You can only change the email.
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

How do I change my son’s name on his account? Not his gamer tag.

4. LePe75 Win User

Yes. We have a family account and I can change my name but not his.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would need to be signed in under his account.
  6. LePe75 Win User

I did. Only lets me edit my name, not his in our family account.
Thema:

1. How do I give my son his xbox account. I want to take it out of my name and put it in his. - Similar Threads - son account name

2. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  3. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  4. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  5. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  6. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  7. My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...: Son sent a bad word on xbox to another gamer on my account. I got a two day ban from live which I can accept. But have just recently noticed I've got removed from the ambassador program which I...
  8. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  9. How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...: Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep. Would this be possible or can someone suggest any other alternative? The...
  10. Son already has XBox name but it was under my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son already has XBox name but it was under my account: I got my son an Xbox One for Christmas. I set up an account and at the time didn't know that child accounts exist (through Microsoft). Today I went to make him his own Microsoft account so that...