How do I get xbox app to use my game files?

Discus and support How do I get xbox app to use my game files? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I had to format my PC because I got a new motherboard and CPU (change from i7 to AMD 5600x) and my xbox game pass games are on my D drive, not my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by peteed1985, Nov 19, 2022.

1. peteed1985
    peteed1985 Guest

So I had to format my PC because I got a new motherboard and CPU (change from i7 to AMD 5600x) and my xbox game pass games are on my D drive, not my windows C drive so they are still in the folder.

How do I point the xbox app to them so it recognises that they are already installed? All I can see is an install button on the Xbox app and there are a few hundred gigabytes of games here already downloaded.

:)

peteed1985, Nov 19, 2022
  2. peteed1985 Win User

Actually, I just hit install and it installed a 70GB game in about 5 seconds lol which means it must have used the old files since that would be at least 4 hours of downloads otherwise.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

unfortunately you will have to delete your games and reinstall, when installing it installs system files in the system folder, and you will not have access to the same files, even if you have made a backup, there are no resources for it to map the previously installed games.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

try to run the game and see if everything is ok, in general it doesn't work.
  5. peteed1985 Win User

I didn't backup saves independently however I have an Acronis True Image backup of my old windows so I can open it to get any saves needed :)

Not sure what you mean by encrypted but the files for the game are folders I can open and do anything I want with it seems like renaming files and the like.

I just hit install to try and see what would happen and selected its location as the place to install to and it installed a 70GB game in about 5 seconds lol which means it must have used the old files since that would be at least 4 hours of downloads otherwise.
  6. - AJ - Win User

How do i get my files off of it?

Hi, Kal! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

To clarify, by "files" are you referring to your games' saved data?

----------

• Is your screen displaying a "No signal", "Input not supported", or a similar message?

• Have you also tried a different HDMI port on your TV or even a different TV?

• Have you already tried either of these alternative boot-up methods?

Display Reset:

- If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    - On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    - Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

- Turn your console off and unplug it for 30 seconds.
    - Plug your console back into the outlet.
    - While the console is off, press and hold the BIND and EJECT buttons.
    - Without letting go of them, press the power button once (do not hold).
    - Continue holding BIND and EJECT for 15 seconds, or until you hear a second boo-up tone.

* The BIND button is the one used to link controllers to your console and the EJECT button is the one used to eject disc games.

----------

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. How do I get xbox app to use my game files? - Similar Threads - app game files

2. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  3. Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games): After reading information on this issue it seems a lot of PC users are having this problem. Games downloaded are installed within Apps and File explorer therefore taking up twice the hard drive...
  4. Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app.: So I uninstalled Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege from file explorer but not the Xbox app and I cannot reinstall it. Steps I took to cause this problem, 1. Moved Rainbow Six to trash bin and...
  5. Can't Verify/Repair Game Files on Xbox PC App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Verify/Repair Game Files on Xbox PC App: For some reason I don't have the option to verify the integrity of my game files on the Xbox PC app. It just isn't an option on the menu when I go to the "Manage" option in the drop-down menu....
  6. Xbox app loses Games and files missing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app loses Games and files missing.: Hi, ive been having this problem a few times now where i start up my xbox game app to find nothing is there, I could have 10 or so games on this prior but all of a sudden nothing, and its quite a...
  7. I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512): Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this! I am running into an issue with the xbox app/game pass for PC, whenever I attempt to launch a game I am greeted with the error message:...
  8. xbox app dosnt open on pc and game file instaltion file is non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app dosnt open on pc and game file instaltion file is non existent: pls help when i open xbox app on pc it crashes and dosnt show up and before when i tried to install game it said file location unknow with it blank when i have two storage hard drives i have...
  9. Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...: When I try to install any game on the xbox app, it just says "unknown available" in the select game file location area. [img] I've tried some stuff I found online like uninstalling and...
  10. Xbox App Did Not Let Me Delete A Game File.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Did Not Let Me Delete A Game File.: I have bought Game Pass some time ago and I have downloaded Fallout 4. However, after cancelling my next payment and deleting the games, the program forgot to delete the E:\Program...