How do i get the xbox one to save network passwords?

Discus and support How do i get the xbox one to save network passwords? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use one network for non head to head online gaming (career mode in Sforza five). I use a cell hotspot from my tablet for online gaming when latency... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grizlbits, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Grizlbits
    Grizlbits Guest

I use one network for non head to head online gaming (career mode in Sforza five). I use a cell hotspot from my tablet for online gaming when latency is critical. The cell network is faster, but it is limited bandwidth. This works well, but to switch networks
    I have to enter the password for the new network EVERY TIME. This is a pain. Is there a way to have the Xbox one remember each password so I don't have to type it in every time?

My general comments on the Xbox one

1 games load ridiculously slow

2 chat is cumbersome and buggy. Why can't it default to chat mode automatically after joining chat?

3. Switching networks is cumbersome

4. graphics and gameplay are not noticeably different from the 360

5. the connect is decent if you talk loud and clear with no slurring of your words.

6. Xbox off turns off all equipment hooked up via HDMI - pretty cool - I put some of the remotes away

7. Checking latency option is cool and helpful

8. Logging in is more cumbersome - why not log in user automatically?

9. Overall logistics seem more cumbersome than the 360 (checking who is online, you can't ell what they are playing, overall pinning and snapping stuff is just cumbersome)

Overall I feel like the system was rushed and needs a lot of refining. I hope it gets better with future updates.

10.Games that are already loaded play slow. Forza is slow to load. I expect games on the hard drive would load tracks and such much faster.

:)

Grizlbits, Jan 1, 2014
  2. DogRox1
    DogRox1 Guest
    HELP!! I can't get minecraft Xbox one edition to change storage device. :-(

if you read, you will see, that I was talking about the Xbox one. I know how to do it on the 360. And I do want to save the 360 map on the Xbox one. So I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that command prompt to keep telling me to save it.

DogRox1, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Haze
    Haze Guest
    How do I save?

I think if you just quit it will automatically save or at least come up with an option once you select quit. It's been about a month since I played but I'm pretty sure thats how.

Haze, Jan 1, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Hi Grizlbits, if you want to suggest features and give feedback please do so
    here
    , thanks!

sniffles x, Jan 2, 2014
  5. sniffles x Win User

Hi Grizlbits, if you want to suggest features and give feedback please do so
    here
    , thanks!
  6. jedinegotiator Win User

Xbox won't connect to my wireless internet

The first thing I would do is reboot the router which it appears you have done. I would also reboot the Xbox Console. Go to your network settings on the Xbox and search for wireless networks. If you see yours hit connect. You should be prompted for a password
    if you network is secure. If you are not prompted for a password and your network is secure it means you are using saved password settings. In this case tell your xbox to forget the network and then connect to it again. If you can not connect to it what error
    message are you getting?

Also what kind of wireless router do you have? Can you get me the brand and model?
  7. XBF Javier R Win User

online gaming

Hello Sam,

There is a way!

In order to do so, there would need to be a password save done on the console.

This would be a one time password save through the Settings.

Access Account settings, and find Sign-in, security & passkey.

From here scroll to the right and select Customize.

Look for the save password option.

Try following this Using Xbox One offline article.

Thank you!
  8. IngameInstincts Win User

Wireless Network Password Not Saving

You can't . Once you disconnect you need enter the password again.

Xbox One doesn’t save old device information, allowing you to completely wipe out old settings and start new each time. This saves you from accidental manual entries that could cause issues on a new network.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings
  9. Mistress Sara Win User

Please save network passwords!!

Thema:

1. How do i get the xbox one to save network passwords? - Similar Threads - save network passwords

2. Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?: The new capture news is really concerning and incredibly infuriating for me, as the last 7-8 years of my childhood gaming are all jeopardized. I want to know, before I spend 8 hours downloading...
  3. Which on do you want to use? Save data is different on the network than the console.

in XBoX on Windows
    Which on do you want to use? Save data is different on the network than the console.: I've been getting this message everytime I start up Starfield. I ignored it the first time because I wanted to see if I could load up my save and I was able too, and have been loading my saves...
  4. Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.: I've been trying since yesterday morning to get my clips to save to the xbox network and they just won't, I've tried everything and it still won't work, I'm good on space and even if I wanted to...
  5. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...
  6. Can I play local save games instead of the network ones?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play local save games instead of the network ones?: Some days ago we moved. We passed some days without internet and while getting a service, I played Final Fantasy on my XBOX One. It got reinstalled since I uninstalled it long ago. When getting...
  7. Please save network passwords!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please save network passwords!!: For the love of all that is holy... on behalf of all of the teens with divorced parents or anyone that moves there xbox frequently; please save the network passwords so that I dont have to type...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I have 160 latency save me

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I have 160 latency save me: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I have 160 latency save me I need help on my network considering I have 160+ latency 80744ffe-5464-406a-af4e-a17150e06b2a
  9. NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage: Hi, how difficult would it be to add the ability of the xbox one to save game data and games to a NAS? I appreciate you would need a dedicated drive as this would be formatted to xbox spec but i...
  10. Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up: So everytime I turn on my xbox one on i have to manually enter my network info (ip address, dns, gateway) because it does not remember it after i shut it off . Once entered the xbox connects to...