How do I get the Minecraft “you cannot play online multiplayer” to go away?

Discus and support How do I get the Minecraft “you cannot play online multiplayer” to go away? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently paid to download and install Minecraft for the Xbox One, but I am receiving the error message after clicking play. It says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThanosCheeks, Dec 22, 2022.

1. ThanosCheeks
    ThanosCheeks Guest

Hello everyone. I recently paid to download and install Minecraft for the Xbox One, but I am receiving the error message after clicking play. It says “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed the instructions and allowed everything on my account, but the problem persists. Anyone have a reliable fix?

:)

ThanosCheeks, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription? Because it is also required to play an online multiplayer game such as Minecraft.

To check follow the steps below:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
  3. xXSabbrinahXx Win User

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
    Plsssss :((
  4. xXSabbrinahXx Win User

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
    Plsssss :((
  5. Sophia Kotopka Win User

Xbox live gold problem.

It says this when I try to play online, “you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up”
  6. KJD101 Win User

Minecraft Xbox one online multiplayer

Exactly the same problem here. profile is set to teen, allowed to play online multiplayer but when he tries to play online Minecraft Xbox One Edition he gets an Xbox notification saying he cannot due to his settings.
Thema:

1. How do I get the Minecraft “you cannot play online multiplayer” to go away? - Similar Threads - Minecraft “you cannot

2. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  3. When I go to servers Minecraft says you cannot join cross platform games without a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I go to servers Minecraft says you cannot join cross platform games without a...: When I go to servers Minecraft says you cannot join cross platform games without a Microsoft account and a Nintendo switch account sign in with both accounts to join servers but I'm logged in...
  4. My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...: My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a Microsoft Account and a Nintendo Account. Sign in with both accounts to join servers...
  5. Minecraft: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up": Hello, We have a nintendo switch with minecraft and just bought an xbox series X and installed a new copy of Minecraft. We created a realm for 2 players on the switch and uploaded the world....
  6. Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up: So, this has been an issue for a few days now. I ended up downloading Minecraft on my phone to play with a friend of mine while I was away from home and didn't have access to my Xbox One. Ever...
  7. You cannot play minecraft because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot play minecraft because of how your account is set up: "I can't play minecraft online because of how my account is set up." Is the excuse Minecraft constantly shoves in my face every time I try to play online. I own minecraft on two other platforms...
  8. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Minecraft: I’m over 18, all my settings are set to allow, I don’t need gold to play Minecraft online, As far as I can tell this has been an issue asked about on these forums as far back as 2018, how is there...
  9. In Minecraft it says "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    In Minecraft it says "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft...: My settings say that I'm allowed to play multiplayer and I followed the steps they showed. 30ff367a-9de2-41d8-a11c-a90e06a08ad0
  10. “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up”. (Minecraft...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up”. (Minecraft...: On Minecraft, I’ve been restricted from any type of multiplayer for a awhile now. It did happen quite randomly without me tweaking any settings. I’ve checked on the xbox and web settings and they...