How do I get my xbox 360 games back on my xbox one?

Discus and support How do I get my xbox 360 games back on my xbox one? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I previously owned an Xbox one that had all my backwards compatible and newer games on it (around 70 games total). But a power surge broke it so I got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaGapher, Nov 26, 2022.

1. DaGapher
    DaGapher Guest

I previously owned an Xbox one that had all my backwards compatible and newer games on it (around 70 games total). But a power surge broke it so I got a new xbox one, this time an S. But only a few of my backwards compatible games show up on this one and even some of my xbox one games aren’t showing up and now I only have around 16 games. And I’m talking about owned games. Now I can’t even play Borderlands 2 (had previously purchased on xbox 360) and it says I need to purchase it in the store, not giving me an option to download it because I own it.

I’ve made sure my games on my xbox 360 have been copied to the cloud.

Just wondering if there’s a way to fix this?

:)

DaGapher, Nov 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can't copy the games

If you acquired the games via games with gold, you must have an active Gold or GPU membership to play them, You will find these games in your library in a specific Games with Gold section

Only games you have purchased digitally and are backwards compatible will show up in your Owned games. You can search the BC list here

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility

Transferring the games from the 360 is pointless, as they need specific Xbox One/Series versions, which must be downloaded even if you have a disc.
  3. DaGapher Win User

How do I copy the games then? Also it is the same account. And I don’t have any games with gold that I’m trying to transfer.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You’re copying saved files to the cloud, not the games. You need to login under the same account that you were on on the 360.

Games you have under games with gold require you to have a gold or a game pass ultimate membership in order to play them
  5. bdr0705 Win User

When I change my gamer pic it still shows my 360 one PLEASE HELP!

How do you change your Xbox One gamer pic back to your Xbox 360 gamer pic? I changed mine for my clan and now I want my old Xbox 360 gamer pic back on showing my Xbox One. How do I do that?
  6. Rpgsforever123 Win User

Original Xbox Games

How exactly do I play xbox games on a Xbox 360 though? ..I can't get it to work. I have a lot of old Xbox games and only one 360 game(gta iv) but I can't seem to get them to play on my 360...they're on the compatibility list and I've updated my 360.
Thema:

1. How do I get my xbox 360 games back on my xbox one? - Similar Threads - 360 games

2. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  3. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry

in XboX Insiders
    The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry: The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry sparked a revolution, It was 2005, and the buzz of change was everywhere. Microsoft was gearing up to hit a very special button — a...
  6. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  7. Bring back Old XboX 360 Games...

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back Old XboX 360 Games...: I would like to see more games from XboX 360 go onto the new gen not to make a Christmas list but it would nice see games like Forza Motorsport 4 and Nascar Inside Lane to make a return....
  8. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  9. Asking password xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking password xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs: Im new at this about owning a xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs. I just bought mw3 360 game in my xbox series xs but everytime I enter the game it ask to enter password even thought I always...
  10. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e