How do I get my save files back after console deleted them?

Discus and support How do I get my save files back after console deleted them? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing transformers devastation on disc (and a month ago just cause 3 on disc) and after 100%ing the game, the game crashed and when I rebooted,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Luis Maestro, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Luis Maestro
    Luis Maestro Guest

I was playing transformers devastation on disc (and a month ago just cause 3 on disc) and after 100%ing the game, the game crashed and when I rebooted, my save files had been erased and I was on a fresh game. This was especially bad for Just Cause 3 as I had DLC that was now missing and inaccessible for several hours. I contacted xbox support who told me there was nothing that could be done.

Is there any way to find my save data and restore it to my current predicament?

:)

Luis Maestro, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot.

Don't worry we will fix this together. Please make sure you can sign in all your profiles. Let's try to restore the console back to factory defaults but we will select keep my games and apps so it won't remove your games and progress.

Please follow the steps here:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Settings

- Select System

- Select Console info & updates

- Select Reset console

- Select Keep Games and Apps

After this, you will have to sign in again with your email and password. Then please try to launch the game and check if it will sync. Thanks!
  3. Toxic Raven Win User

"Syncing data for Fallout 4..." never ever finishes

It took me an hour and a half to sync after I bought a new console and tried to play Fallout 4. I think it has to do with the amount of save files. It's really best to let it finish. Once you are able to get back into the game delete some of the saves. You
    will be shocked with how many save files exist.
  4. maxen Win User

Minecraft saves gone?

Deleting 'profile and items' does delete all save files.

If you selected that, then the save files do get erased.

Once they're gone, there's no getting them back (unless you had manually copied them onto a second storage unit) and as such you will unfortunately need to create new save files and start over.
  5. Gabriel Alvez Win User

Dead Cell crashes when selecting my save file and is unplayable

Hi RichieB_

Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried them all, and none of them worked.

I really don't want to delete my save file as I have invested quite a few hours in there... Is there anything else I could do? After all, deleting my main save file doesn't mean that the error won't happen again and I really wouldn't want to lose another save file.

Is there any other option? In case it doesn't work, is there a chance I could get a refund?

Regards,

6. Icarusael Win User

Transfering

I just checked it, I can save my saves file in this storage then download them back on my new xbox if everything ever get deleted during the transfer?
Thema:

1. How do I get my save files back after console deleted them? - Similar Threads - save files console

2. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  3. New ssd, no save file

in XBoX on Consoles
    New ssd, no save file: Purchased ssd for computer, moved files to it . Now no games can get past opening screens, message varies but basically says no save file try again . Any options to fix this or is there a way to...
  4. Persona 3 Reload - Missing DLC Causing Save File to be Inaccessable

in XboX Insiders
    Persona 3 Reload - Missing DLC Causing Save File to be Inaccessable: I had pre-purchased the Xbox digital copy of the game, so I knew that the P4G BGM DLC was part of my purchase. When I cannot play on my PC, I opt to use the Cloud gaming feature. I have found...
  5. No option to choose saved file when joining friends game NMS

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No option to choose saved file when joining friends game NMS: I've been playing NMS Cross platform with a friend for a number of months with no issues then a couple of weeks ago when I tried to join him as usual it didn't give me the option of choosing a...
  6. Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.: If I uninstall my game from my PC, will all the saved game progress be saved to the cloud? And would I be able to recover it after installing the game again. fee4ddad-eb1e-4ba1-a5c9-49879e5f0f50
  7. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  8. Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC: I have Oblivion save files from my 360 days that cloud saved and loaded onto my series X. That was great. I have read that I can use these save files on the PC version of the game through the xbox...
  9. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  10. Can you recover a corrupted save file on an Xbox 360 console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you recover a corrupted save file on an Xbox 360 console?: I was playing LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens on my Xbox 360 E, and my game froze while the "Do not turn off your console or remove your hard drive while this image is displayed" image was on...