How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

Discus and support How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My headphones jack cable fits into other non microsoft controllers but my new xbox series x controller is showing low quality audio when I plug my jack... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Blake_262, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Blake_262
    Blake_262 Guest

How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

My headphones jack cable fits into other non microsoft controllers but my new xbox series x controller is showing low quality audio when I plug my jack cable in, and when I shine a flashlight onto it I can see the jack cable angled and not fully in so when I put on my headphones the audio is low and I can barely hear anything. There is an angle where my jack cannot completely go in but it still clicks when it goes in. Why isn’t it connecting properly and what can I do to get my jack cable filly inside the controller?

:)

Blake_262, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Blake

I found this strange, Xbox series X/S controllers has the same 3.5mm jack connector as the Xbox one controllers

Why headphones do you have?
    Did you tried using a completely different headset to see if something similar happens?
    Or if you have another Xbox Series X/S controllers please try the headphones there
  3. SvenTheDragon Win User

Next Gen Consoles

Thank you!

also, I have another question that I forgot to add to the original post:

Will Xbox one controllers work with the Series x and Series s? I'm thinking about getting a new controller because my current one is pretty old.

one last question: do controllers bought from the Design Lab have headphone jacks on the bottom?

Thank you so much!

-Sven
  4. Tim Cutter Win User

Controller sent for replacement, no reply..

Geri, I'm not sure if you still are receiving this thread but I did get my replacement Xbox controller today and I hooked it up to my series X and everything worked fine except that there is no sound coming through my wired headphones. These are Arctis Prime Steel Series wired headphones that worked fine with all my other controllers and just recently with my Xbox series X controller but when I connected to the Elite control they sent me it does there's no sound coming through. I cleaned the port a harder rebooted my Xbox Series X I updated the firmware and still no results.

Do you have any suggestions?
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. Bryan.E Win User

Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use

This does not occur if I connect the same headset via wire/headphone jack to the controller.

It only occurs when connected wirelessly to the Xbox one S.

Please fix.
Thema:

1. How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly? - Similar Threads - headphone jack connect

2. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  5. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  6. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  7. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  8. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...
  9. Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem: One day one of my headphones had stopped connecting to my controller, but I can tell it is acknowledging it being plugged in. This headphone works on every device besides the Xbox controller. I...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...