How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

Discus and support How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My headphones jack cable fits into other non microsoft controllers but my new xbox series x controller is showing low quality audio when I plug my jack... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Blake_262, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Blake_262
    Blake_262 Guest

How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

My headphones jack cable fits into other non microsoft controllers but my new xbox series x controller is showing low quality audio when I plug my jack cable in, and when I shine a flashlight onto it I can see the jack cable angled and not fully in so when I put on my headphones the audio is low and I can barely hear anything. There is an angle where my jack cannot completely go in but it still clicks when it goes in. Why isn’t it connecting properly and what can I do to get my jack cable filly inside the controller?

:)

Blake_262, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Blake

I found this strange, Xbox series X/S controllers has the same 3.5mm jack connector as the Xbox one controllers

Why headphones do you have?
    Did you tried using a completely different headset to see if something similar happens?
    Or if you have another Xbox Series X/S controllers please try the headphones there
  3. SvenTheDragon Win User

Next Gen Consoles

Thank you!

also, I have another question that I forgot to add to the original post:

Will Xbox one controllers work with the Series x and Series s? I'm thinking about getting a new controller because my current one is pretty old.

one last question: do controllers bought from the Design Lab have headphone jacks on the bottom?

Thank you so much!

-Sven
  4. Bryan.E Win User

Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use

This does not occur if I connect the same headset via wire/headphone jack to the controller.

It only occurs when connected wirelessly to the Xbox one S.

Please fix.
  5. Lexman61 Win User

Chat to headset through external DAC

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

My problem is the following (described in a more detailed way):

I want to use a high end PC headset to game and chat on my Xbox One X. The headset has two jacks; one for game audio and one for the mic.

If I plug the mic jack directly into the controller and the audio jack into the DAC I DON'T get any chat audio. Doing the same thing with a Y splitter connected to the controller (and plugging just the mic jack in also does NOT allow for chat audio).

I want to use my DAC since the audio quality is noticeably better with this set up and it also allows me to enjoy game audio with high impedance stereo headphones without loss of volume (the controller just doesn't have enough power to drive 250/600 ohm
    headphones).

All my connections are CTIA compatible.

Hope to have supplied enough information to know if what I want to do is possible.

Thanks again for any information.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Are Xbox Design Lab controllers compatible with Windows 10?

they are the same as the standard xbox one s controllers, so with pc you can use via bluetooth(audio through headphone jack not supported)

or wired(supports audio via headphone jack)
Thema:

1. How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly? - Similar Threads - headphone jack connect

2. Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue.: I am using a xbox series controller and connect to pc via xbox receiver. Now I plug a headset on my controller headphone jack, but the option only 1 channel, doesn't it support stereo sound?...
  3. Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC: Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings - works with games for input and sound with USB connected. However cannot get sound...
  4. PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.: Hi, I tried to connect my PS4 controller via Bluetooth and connect my headphones to the built in jack in the controller, but no sound is coming out of the headphones. I already had DS4Windows...
  5. New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working: I got the new xbox series x and the controller it came with works perfectly fine except when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the right side of the headset works great, but the left is...
  6. Xbox headphone jack problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headphone jack problem: A few days ago, my headphone jack broke on my Xbox controller, the controller and console are updated, I can talk through the microphone but I can't hear a thing, I reset the console multiple...
  7. Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack: The headphone jack on my controller is broke. I have already tested the headset in a different device. It is not letting me create a support ticket to exchange my controller (with warranty) and...
  8. Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth

in XboX Insiders
    Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth: Would be good if I could use my headset with my controller for gamepass and the Xbox app on android and pc makes no sense that it doesn’t work as standard? I understand that Xbox proprietary...
  9. Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones: Hi everyone. I’m completly new to both the android and xbox scenes. I’ve been looking for a good controller that is compatible with my One plus 8 pro so I can stream and play xcloud games on my...
  10. not able to use headphones through 3.5 mm jack connected to xbox one controller when the...

in XBoX on Windows
    not able to use headphones through 3.5 mm jack connected to xbox one controller when the...: Hello, I am using a XBOX one controller connected to PC via bluetooth. When I connect my headphone through the 3.5 mm headphone jack in the controller, I am not getting the headphones in the...