How do I get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account

Discus and support How do I get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Yes I've been trying to figure out how I can get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jay nunez1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. jay nunez1
    jay nunez1 Guest

How do I get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account

Yes I've been trying to figure out how I can get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account

:)

jay nunez1, Jun 5, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here.

It should be the same GT Jay, are you using the same email on your xbox console?

If for some reason you on a different email, all you need to do is to download the right Microsoft account profile

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.

Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.
  3. maxen Win User

Move gamertag to another xbox account

4. Logan Hurkens Win User

Using old gamertag from before the merge.

I have 2 accounts. My original xbox account had my gamertag changed from the default one to the one it has now (the gamertag I would like to have) and I have my new account which I had as a Microsoft account before they were merged. My Microsoft account is what I use everything for, but I want to have my Xbox gamertag on that account. That account was set up as an Xbox account, and when I tried to change the gamertag for it, the limit for characters was 12. So in short I have had the gamertag in the past, and still do. But it needs to be put onto a different account. And to be clear, the gamertag is the only thing I care about from my original account. If I can get my Microsoft account to have my gamertag I would likely delete my old account entirely.
  5. KaijuPlaysGames Win User

How do I keep my classic gamertag and make my modern gamertag match it?

Hi David,

The Xbox Gamertag FAQ from Microsoft support's page states:
    "Q: I have more than 12 characters in my gamertag! Do I need to change it?
    "A: Nope. If you like your gamertag the way it is, you keep it."

Well, I like my gamertag the way my classic gamertag is. Why am I forced to change it for the modern gamertag?

Re: My statement about cloning or duplicating:
    I dont want to clone or duplicate a gamertag from one account to another. I want to clone or duplicate the name that already exists in my classic gamertag to my modern gamertag.

There HAS to exist an employee at Microsoft that is able to manage account details from the backend. How do I get in contact with them to resolve this issue?

"However, you can choose not to use or display the modern gamertag and primarily use your classic gamertag instead."
    Great. How?
  6. TijuanaRogers Win User

Help. Gamertag change

Hello, I want to change my gamertag. and my mother accepted it and added 10 dollar. In my order history stands that I redeemed my 10 dollar credit on my Microsoft account. But I dont get my gamertag. How do I get my gamertag change? We already
    paid
Thema:

1. How do I get my gamertag on my Xbox one console to match my gamertag on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - gamertag console match

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  9. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  10. I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console.: I share my game library with my son. But for example I have other gamertags that I use for storing stuff from fallout 76. And now I can't go online with that gamertag anymore. Or any others I had....