How do I get more storage on my xbox one?

Discus and support How do I get more storage on my xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to figure this out for DAYS! 8c3a2349-2fdd-417c-b4d7-0fac40784f6a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brennian, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Brennian
    Brennian Guest

I've been trying to figure this out for DAYS!

:)

Brennian, Dec 26, 2015
  2. How do i add more storage on my xbox?

I am trying to download gta but it will not let me as i haven't got enough storage, i have xbox live gold and it still isn't working

ExaltedBow842, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest
    How do i add more storage on my xbox?

If you have and Xbox One you can added an external USB 3.0 harddrive that is bigger than 256GB. You will format it for Game storage and set it as the locations to install all future games and apps

Dadwhite, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Buy an external hard drive with the following:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Daft Badger, Dec 26, 2015
  5. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Yeah...that is the only way. I just bought one myself!

CHAD TPRUITT, Oct 31, 2018
  6. CHAD TPRUITT Win User

Yeah...that is the only way. I just bought one myself!
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Buy an external hard drive with the following:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  8. WPAK Win User

How do I get more storage for Xbox One S

Hi there,

to increase the storage for an Xbox One (S) you can use external USB devices, they do have to meet certain requirements in order to use it to store and play games. it needs to hold 128 GB or more and connect via USB 3.0/3.1. For more information see the set up external storage section at:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage
  9. Dadwhite Win User

How do i add more storage on my xbox?

If you have and Xbox One you can added an external USB 3.0 harddrive that is bigger than 256GB. You will format it for Game storage and set it as the locations to install all future games and apps
  10. BubbaVX Win User

Xbox one s console powers off

So....how do i now move storage from this unit to my new one and how do i get this refurbished please? And thanks
Thema:

1. How do I get more storage on my xbox one? - Similar Threads - more storage

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  4. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  5. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game: I have a 1Gbps connection and I'm only getting up to 10MB/sec. I should be getting up to 100MB/sec. What is wrong with Microsoft's servers? Are they capped or what? Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4GHz -...
  7. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  8. How to get more storage and download sea of theives

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get more storage and download sea of theives: Hello, I’m having trouble downloading sea of theives on my laptop but I’ve got no space left and I can’t delete anymore things, so I bought a hard drive hoping I can download it on that but I...
  9. Is it possible for xbox one to support internal storage more than 2 TB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible for xbox one to support internal storage more than 2 TB?: I have been trying to upgrade my Xbox One X to a 4TB SSD. I moved all of my games to external storages before I started meddling with this to speed up the process and to keep them safe from...
  10. More network storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    More network storage: Is there anyway to buy more network storage for captures? I believe the max is 10 gigs Hopefully there is and I just haven’t figured out how to do it. Thank you....