How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase?

Discus and support How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase? 36e2e501-c56c-4119-9d48-4ff14b1a7167 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lance Gross, May 4, 2023.

1. Lance Gross
    Lance Gross Guest

:)

Lance Gross, May 4, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

3. Crafty-9F37DC1A-A075 Win User

Please help! I must unpurchase this game!

I don't understand....How do you accidentally purchase something...? You have to go through like 3 menus to actually purchase something. "Oops. I accidentally pressed A four times...give me a refund."
  4. Ronnieee Win User

How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help.

Let me provide you a direct link for you to request this immediately.

Make sure to get the order number first on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Then go here:

http://xbox.com/refunds

Choose the option "Why don't I see the purchase in my list?" then "I don't see the purchase"

Choose the last option "none of the above apply, I still can't find my order" then "request a refund"

After you submit this form, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that’ll include instructions on how you can keep track of the status of your request. They will send you a response with the refund decision within 72 hours, as filling the form doesn't automatically qualify you to get it.

If your refund gets accepted, you will get the money back 3-5 business days depending on your bank, after you receive the confirmation
  5. Mattom Win User

Reply before the 14 xbox 360/microsoft devolopers!

Not likely you'll get a refund even if purchased accidentally. It clearly states no refunds on the purchase screen.
  6. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

accidentally purchase

You cannot get refunds for things purchased on the marketplace.

How did you accidentally download it, I mean there are several screens that you have to go through in order to download it.
Thema:

1. How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase? - Similar Threads - refund accidental purchase

2. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  3. Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?: I made an accidental purchase . I did not want or have any intention of it . Need a refund please. 8ade9264-5824-4d74-8b3e-12926234c8c0
  4. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  5. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  6. A refund on 2k24 dumb son accidentally spent vc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A refund on 2k24 dumb son accidentally spent vc: My son accidentally spent money on 2k I want a refund 8c121584-10e0-4862-956c-ffc528ceee47
  7. How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought. 2k23 and want a refund please 786638c2-06fb-4178-bedf-ea3893bbee6a
  8. I gifted the same game to someone twice on accident how do I get a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted the same game to someone twice on accident how do I get a refund: I saw something on sale and I gifted to my little brother then I looked at the screen and I thought the game was coming right away I thought there was an error so I gift him another one until I...
  9. Friend gifted me a game for Xbox by accident - I don't have an XBOX - want to refund him

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend gifted me a game for Xbox by accident - I don't have an XBOX - want to refund him: A friend gifted me Dying Light 2 for Xbox, but I don't have an XBOX. He thought it would work on PC through the Windows store, but it appears Dying Light 2 is not available through the Windows...
  10. The ability to undo a refund that was made by accident

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The ability to undo a refund that was made by accident: I got this game that I didn't think i wanted, so I would go to get a refund. Before the refund was processed, I realized that I wanted the game, so I asked for the refund to be stopped. The Refund...