How do I get a media since I don't have a pc

Discus and support How do I get a media since I don't have a pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don't have a pc and need some kind of windows media for my Xbox 360. What do I do? 69777a71-737a-42eb-b890-71f367a2009f Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Michael Miller5, May 26, 2023.

1. How do I get a media since I don't have a pc

I don't have a pc and need some kind of windows media for my Xbox 360. What do I do?

:)

Michael Miller5, May 26, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well you can use your phone but unless you have Vic you would need to convert the format to xbox supported formats or codec

You can't use Windows media Center

You have to use DLNA or miracast
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Media streaming to Xbox One question

Hi Vol4Ever,

So are you having issues streaming what you are doing on your PC to your Xbox? Is that done through the built in Media Player app?

I did some research and I found that MP4 and MKV files don't get read very well and unfortunately I don't think there are any codecs that you can download online. I found this how-to guide that may help and maybe you can set up the streaming again to re-establish
    a better connection between the PC and Xbox:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/255016/how-to-play-video-and-music-files-on-your-xbox-one/

VLC is a media app as well as Kodi on the Xbox One as alternatives to the built in Xbox Media player app.
  4. ILOVEBAY0n37T4 Win User

lack of theme options & free themes.

Here try this:

-

support.xbox.com/.../media

-

It tells you how to set up media sharing with your PC and it lets you download any music/videos/pictures you have on your PC directly to your 360.

-

I have been using that ever since I got my 360 as the new dashboard layout is complete crap for themes.
  5. Travis2233 Win User

Trying to fix the 0x00000001 error. Solutions given do not work.

I upgraded my PC from win7 so I don't have any download media that the OS is on. Will I be able to install the OS if I don't have the media? Does that make sense?
  6. The BlackJackel Win User

Windows Media Center

Having a Ceton tuner and a custom Media Center PC was the best way to go about getting cable tv. Especially since I can watch tv in whatever room I want without having to have cable boxes or coaxial cables. It'd be do nice of Microsoft supported it better.
    And if people knew about how great it is. Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention I have one.
Thema:

1. How do I get a media since I don't have a pc - Similar Threads - media since don't

2. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  3. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  4. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  5. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  6. Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.: When tryin to watch movies stored on an external harddrive, I quite often recieve this message. It happens randomly and not all the time. When it does happen it can be 10min after the media has...
  7. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  8. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  9. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  10. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12