How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S?

Discus and support How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've relinked the account multiple times and still says this when I try to open discord channels on xbox series S. I've restarted the console and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dfoop, May 6, 2023.

1. dfoop
    dfoop Guest

I've relinked the account multiple times and still says this when I try to open discord channels on xbox series S. I've restarted the console and relinked the account using a PC. I've looked at settings and can't get it to work.
    How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S? [​IMG]

:)

dfoop, May 6, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up Manual DNS settings on your console.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Kindly check if the same issue persists.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Discord re-linking

Hello Dalyn Hanson,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to relink your Discord account to your Xbox Series S. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

Here are some steps you can try:

1. Make sure that your Discord account is not already linked to another Xbox account. You can check this by logging into your Discord account and going to User Settings > Connections.

2. On your Xbox Series S, go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.

3. Select Discord and choose "Unlink".

4. Restart your Xbox Series S.

5. On your phone, open the Discord app and go to User Settings > Connections.

6. Select Xbox and choose "Disconnect".

7. Restart your phone.

8. On your Xbox Series S, go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.

9. Select Discord and choose "Link".

10. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Discord account to your Xbox Series S.

Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ownerofdragons Win User

Discord not working, keeps saying "Sorry, Looks like you were disconnected. Try connecting again." Assistance please?

This is a related incident https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-xbox-discord-error-wher-it-just/abe0ddd3-bcba-4b20-b86b-f99f70c0f9e1

I believe there is an issue with the discord to xbox connection for some reason. But it won't seem to subside.
  5. Jhonkito Win User

Why can't I stream my games on discord

Hi, Noah my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's frustrating when things just stop working, especially game streaming on Discord. Let's troubleshoot and get your Xbox Series S streaming seamlessly again! Here are some things to check:

1. Confirm Enabled Features:

Xbox Settings: On your Xbox Series S, ensure "Live streaming gameplay" is allowed in Settings > General > Online safety & family > Privacy & online safety.
    Discord Settings: In Discord, check that "Go Live" is enabled and you have selected the Xbox Series S as your capture device.

Network Connection:

Internet Speed: Verify your internet speed is sufficient for streaming (upload speed is crucial).
    Connection Stability: Check for interruptions or instability in your internet connection. Try a wired connection if possible.

Hardware and Software Updates:

Xbox Updates: Ensure your Xbox Series S is updated to the latest system software version.

Discord Updates: Update Discord to the latest version to benefit from bug fixes and performance improvements.

Game Updates: Check if any pending updates for the game you're trying to stream are available.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Restart Devices: Restart both your Xbox Series S and your PC/laptop running Discord.

Re-link Accounts: Re-link your Xbox and Discord accounts in the Discord settings.

Try Different Game: Test streaming a different game to see if the issue persists.
    Discord Server Issues: Check the Discord server where you're trying to stream for any ongoing problems or restrictions.

Advanced Troubleshooting:

Change Streaming Settings: Play around with Discord's streaming settings like resolution, bitrate, and framerate to see if it impacts stability.

Clear Discord Cache: Open Discord's User Settings > Appearance > Advanced > Appearance, scroll down to "Cache," and click "Clear Cache."

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by Nkosana23 Independent Advisor , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/30b9f21f-23e8-49ad-970b-889901e3b6d2

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How do I fix this ?

Hello JoelT3IG,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble joining Discord voice calls on your Xbox Series X. I understand this is a frustrating issue that's been going on since April.

Based on the information you have provided, you have tried a number of solutions to solve the problem, but none of them have worked.

This suggests that the issue may be caused by a bug in the Discord software or the Xbox Series X.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Update Discord and Xbox Series X to the latest version. A recent update may have fixed the issue.

Check your Internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection is stable and has good speed.

Try joining a voice call on a PC or Mac. If you can join a voice call on another platform, the issue may be related to the Xbox Series X.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/using-discord-with-xbox

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
Thema:

1. How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S? - Similar Threads - fix connection issue

2. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  3. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  4. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  5. Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...: I am so very close to switching back to PlStaytion... weeks now I have had the worst connection issues to my xbox. Wired, 2G, 5G, new wires.. I even went as far as upgrading my internet...
  6. Fix ur console, doesn’t let me connect back to internet after I restart Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Fix ur console, doesn’t let me connect back to internet after I restart Xbox.: This has been going on for a year too long. Y’all need to fix this bs. submitted by /u/Cman4298 [link] [comments]
  7. How do I fix the issue of connecting another epic account when Xbox set me up with another...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the issue of connecting another epic account when Xbox set me up with another...: I played fornite on my switch and now trying to move it to Xbox and i have to restart with new epic account. I went through website and connect Xbox in Epic then its says that it's logged in...
  8. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  9. How can I fix my connection issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my connection issues?: For a couple of months now I've been experiencing terrible connection issues, I can't stay In a party for more then a couple of minutes before I'm hit with a connection icon then I usually just...
  10. How can I fix the issue with my desktop not allowing bluetooth devices to connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the issue with my desktop not allowing bluetooth devices to connect?: Hi I have been having trouble connecting my PS4 controller to my PC to play games. My computer won't let me connect a bluetooth device. I go to add device under the bluetooth tab in settings, then...