How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox...

Discus and support How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When streaming from my console to my laptop, which is my only way to use my Xbox, for some games, notably Cyberpunk 2077 and Fortnite, after playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ki11ometerAC, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Ki11ometerAC
    Ki11ometerAC Guest

How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox...

When streaming from my console to my laptop, which is my only way to use my Xbox, for some games, notably Cyberpunk 2077 and Fortnite, after playing both once for 1 session, the next time I boot the games up inputs seem to be registered several times for button presses. Walking and looking around is jittery, and it is impossible to hold the button down, as when you do so, the games think you are pressing it rapidly, and thus makes the games unplayable. Note that I have reset the Xbox app, and have tried connecting my controller to both the Xbox and my laptop. Other games work perfectly fine, such as Overwatch 2 and Rainbow Six Siege

:)

Ki11ometerAC, Dec 16, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox to the Xbox app?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox to the Xbox app?

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties with your controller when streaming. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot Xbox Console Companion app game streaming

Troubleshoot Xbox Console Companion app game streaming | Xbox Support

Try stopping game streaming, and then disconnecting and reconnecting the controller.

If this still doesn’t work, look at your Device Manager to make sure that Windows is recognizing that your controller is plugged in or wirelessly connected:

1. Press the Start button , and then enter control panel into the Search box.
    2. Select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound, and then under Devices and Printers, select Device Manager. (You may see Devices and Printers as a top category in the Control Panel, depending on what updates from Windows you’ve received.)
    Your Xbox controller should appear under Xbox Peripherals. If you don’t see your controller listed in your devices, see:

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device

Set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Stefraki Win User

Controls issues

Pretty sure you'll be pressing two buttons together by mistake. It's easily done if you get a bit frantic on the pad.

You could have a duff pad I suppose, but you'd think the problem would be inputs not being registered if the pad broke - really can't see how it would register an input when none was entered.
  5. jrw6502 Win User

XBox One controller eating/masking inputs?

I'm pretty sure at this point the issues with the A button is a hardware failure, as the controller frequently just doesn't register an input when the button is pressed. This is really visible when you have to press two buttons at once, such as A and X,
    to perform two independent actions simultaneously, and only the X input does anything. It might take several presses before the A button does anything.

Regardless of what the issue really was, I can't test anything further until I get a new controller, as this one is definitely broken. The hinge on the right trigger broke (doesn't prevent use, just makes it feel gritty), I'm having issues with the A button
    as described above, the d-pad is registering double/triple inputs (makes menu item selection quite the chore, especially when the software developers make the menu reset to the start when accidentally navigating to a different menu), and the USB port won't
    hold the cable anymore.
  6. SamVanOV Win User

Unresponsive Buttons - Elite Controller Series 2

I have the exact same problem. The A button being unresponsive (less so on other face buttons). At one time I had to press 7 times for the input to register. I then tried mapping the A button to the paddle and had zero problems thus far with it.

It's the face buttons that are not working consistently. It seems the buttons have to be pressed down at a straight angle (90 degrees) to guarantee a response. If you press it on the edge of the button sometimes it doesn't register. This is just not right.
Thema:

1. How do I fix several inputs being registered after only 1 button press when streaming Xbox... - Similar Threads - fix several inputs

2. How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?: When playing any games on gamepass on my pc, my controller does not work correctly. It seems as though my controller is fighting with my keyboard for control. Any suggestions?...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  5. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  6. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  7. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  8. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  9. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  10. Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it: The top right quarter is all stretched out and the bottom half is just black and I don't know how to fix it 8ea5438a-22de-48c2-bd86-8ffd13470b49