How do I fix packet loss and latency issues

Discus and support How do I fix packet loss and latency issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Everytime I get on r6 I have latency and packet loss and when I check my settings I have 100 packet loos and high latency... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ryan veilleux, May 25, 2023.

1. How do I fix packet loss and latency issues

Everytime I get on r6 I have latency and packet loss and when I check my settings I have 100 packet loos and high latency

:)

ryan veilleux, May 25, 2023
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Ask your ISP to check your network connection to your house.

If using wired ethernet cable, check it for any damage, kinks and ensure its seated snugly in its sockets.

If using WiFi, check for interference of the signal.

Packet loss indicates an issue with your physical network, either the hardware, (gateway router etc), the actual cable in the street that you connect to or a damaged cable connection or connector.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Ryan! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you tried clearing your MAC address?

Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear

If that does not work try changing your DNS settings manually to public servers

Go to Advanced settings > DNS Settings > Manual - Set the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the Secondary as 8.8.4.4
  4. EnkidusCurse Win User

Detailed Network Statistics Latency V.Bad

Detailed network statistics.

Download Speed 3.8 Mbs

Upload Speed 0.18 Mbs

Download packet loss 8%

Upload Packet loss 28 %

Latency 351 ms

Wireless Strength 100%

Any ideas what I can do about my packet loss and latency issues. Im getting my *** whooped on BF4... more than normal.

Please help.
  5. Lewis_Carroll Win User

Continual issues with xbox live

What are the your results if you do a detailed network statistics?

Download Speed:

Upload Speed:

Download packet Loss:

Upload Packet Loss:

MTU:

Latency:
  6. SheaTerry Win User

100% packet loss

Mobile hotspot showing the same issue with 100% packet loss

speeds of

65 up

10 down

around 80 latency

I have completly unplugged the pc to see if thats the issue and still shows 100% packet loss
Thema:

1. How do I fix packet loss and latency issues - Similar Threads - fix packet loss

2. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  3. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  4. Latency and Packet loss. Fix this system please

in XboX Insiders
    Latency and Packet loss. Fix this system please: Currently I have the feeling that the Xbox system is full of errors. I have a latency of 20 MS via my cell phone, and from 30 MS to 80 MS via my Xbox, which is connected to a LAN cable. submitted...
  5. How to fix packet loss on Warzone 2 servers specifically in DMZ game mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix packet loss on Warzone 2 servers specifically in DMZ game mode?: I know my internet connection is good I have tested it out on other games and had speedtests as well. This issue started with the new reloaded update on COD. I am lagging and worst of all when I...
  6. How to fix packet loss on Warzone 2 servers? Specifically in DMZ game mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix packet loss on Warzone 2 servers? Specifically in DMZ game mode: After downloading latest update for Call of Duty Warzone on my Series X Platform I've had many issues regarding packet loss/latency issues. I've ran tests on my system/network/internet. Everything...
  7. How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios: When I turn on my game and try to play DMZ it won’t connect due to high packet loss 100% 7333ada5-bce4-4337-b6aa-bf24d19461e6
  8. How to fix packet loss and latency issues? As well as make both packet loss and latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix packet loss and latency issues? As well as make both packet loss and latency...: Been using the verizon wireless 5g home internet (the white box) for over 2 months now and have had it hard wired with a cat 8 ethernet cable into my xbox series X and the xbox is one of the only...
  9. How do I fix 100% Packet Loss on the Xbox if my Network Provider isn't the cause?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix 100% Packet Loss on the Xbox if my Network Provider isn't the cause?: I've been suffering from 100% Packet Loss for the past week now... and I don't know what I can do to alleviate the issue I called my network provider they sent a supervisor he looked over the...
  10. Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...: Packet loss on Xbox x had jumped to 100% since yesterday. I never experienced this before and all the resetting, cable checks have been tried. This is extremely annoying as I can’t play...