How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Yaa Father, May 22, 2024.

1. Yaa Father
    Yaa Father Guest

This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it started closing what ever application I was in taking me to movies and tv over an over again and I have no idea how to fix it I’ve tried hard resetting it I’ve tried factory resetting it and it’s still not fixed.

:)

Yaa Father, May 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Yaa, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can try to do a system reinstall.

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the source link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

---------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ---------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. CenteredTangent Win User

Movies won’t play on Xbox Series X

I recently purchased a movie on my Xbox series X via the Microsoft Store. It then pushes me to download the Movies and TV app to watch it. When I go to play the movie, it will not play. I have tried restarting the console. I was on the phone with Microsoft for 40 minutes trying to get it to work with then forcing a reset of my console and still nothing. After all that the guy tells me to go to Xbox.com/refunds and file a refund request. I do that and a day later I get an email saying my refund has been declined and to reference section 16 of Microsoft Terms of Sale. It was actually section 15 but it says that movies are not refundable. How can Microsoft get away with ripping people off like this? I could understand you regret buying something, but if it doesn’t work at all how is that your fault?

Im including a link to a YouTube video of exactly what happens.

https://youtu.be/HiDYBNL-86c

*** Moved from Music, Movies & TV / Movies & TV ***

*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One ***
    Ayuda para conectar mi cuenta
  4. LynX Decay Win User

Can't purchase movies and tv on Xbox one.

I can't purchase movies or tv series i think the new update has messed up with my purchasing. I have tried to reinstall the app but it doesn't do anything when I try to purchase a new movie I hope it will be fix soon
  5. Dead Pool 007 Win User

Can't stream a TV show I purchased 0x000005b4

I have purchased movies from "MOVIES and TV" app and now I can't even watch them cause I keep getting this error code 0x000005b4. So with all do respect. How the hell do I fix it cause those movies aren't cheap?
  6. WillMorris2 Win User

Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff

So I unplugged the s-video connection and tried the HDMI cable I didn't even get a signal on the TV, I plugged the s-video back in and voila the movie played. No idea how that would fix the error.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly. - Similar Threads - fix series opening

2. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  3. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  4. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  5. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  6. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  7. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  8. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  9. How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?: My USB port is not working. eb61813a-29d9-401d-9798-10dd411f2927
  10. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...