How do I fix my Xbox account

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Back in January, I let somebody get on my account to help me out with my GTA account, the guy put money on there and got off of my account. Ever since... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lan M, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Lan M
    Lan M Guest

Back in January, I let somebody get on my account to help me out with my GTA account, the guy put money on there and got off of my account. Ever since that exact day, my Xbox has been having issues with staying connected to the Xbox network and Wi-Fi. Every time I sign into my Xbox account, it will say connect to Wi-Fi, even though it says I'm connected, and the times I do connect to the Xbox network, I will randomly disconnect from it. Every other device connected to our Wi-Fi network works just fine, and dont have the issues my Xbox does. I believe that my account is the issue. I would appreciate it very much if somebody could help me out or tell me what to do, or the best way to counter this issue.

:)

Lan M, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Lan!

As a reminder, please do not let anybody get into your account. Only you (the owner) should have access to your account. It's our responsibility as an owner to take precautions of our account safety and security. Make sure that you update your account password and also review your security information via https://account.microsoft.com > Security.

Going back to the issue, for us to isolate it, try to sign in a different Xbox profile and see if you get the same issue. I believe that it's not an account issue.

For our basic troubleshooting steps, let's power cycle your router and your console.

For your router, unplug its power adapter from the source and wait for at least a minute before turning it back on.

For your console, press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

If you have a different network connection like mobile hotspot, try connecting your console there.

Don't forget to test your connection.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Test network connection, Multiplayer and NAT type.

Let me know the results.
  3. Smwutches Win User

How do I fix my account

It sounds as though you had auto-renewal turned on and they were not able to charge your card. You would need to contact support and speak to billing for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. Francia J. Win User

How do I fix this on my Xbox

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to isolate the issue further, have you tried playing other games online?
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

how do I fix my xbox?

I'm sorry, but we can't talk about self repair on the forums, also opening your console has voided any warranty you had on it. So Microsoft wouldn't fix it, even if you sent it in for repair.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

how do I fix my xbox?

Hello sage, my name is zahir, a independent advisor.

It seems that it could be a hdmi retimer chip. Which is a complex fix. You can send it to xbox for repairs, but thr cost would be alot.

Please advise what would you want to do?

Regards
    Zahir
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox account - Similar Threads - fix account

2. You’ve already renamed this account please try again later, how to fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    You’ve already renamed this account please try again later, how to fix: Hello I recently bought halo chief master collection on Steam and when trying to sign into Microsoft put one letter Off my email and now I cannot gain access to the game at all. It is a cycle of...
  3. My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?: I have tried to see if it was just a bug going on at first by removing my account off my xbox then hard restarting my xbox. After that I had signed back onto my account and my follower count did...
  4. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  5. How to fix add new account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix add new account?: My Xbox series X isn’t letting me add my account back after I removed it all its doing when I click the add new button is going to the loading screen with the spinning circle and after about 20...
  6. How do I fix my Minecraft account if it’s suspended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my Minecraft account if it’s suspended: Hi I wanna know how do you fix my Minecraft account if it’s suspended *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Sign-in* 2233f354-29d8-42d5-9eb8-cd93a1858001
  7. How do I fix the issue of connecting another epic account when Xbox set me up with another...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the issue of connecting another epic account when Xbox set me up with another...: I played fornite on my switch and now trying to move it to Xbox and i have to restart with new epic account. I went through website and connect Xbox in Epic then its says that it's logged in...
  8. Cant fix my account restrictions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant fix my account restrictions: Help! So when I was younger I created a live account and basically since I was too young I was not able to do so without a parent account's consent. so what I did was create a fake email account...
  9. How do I fix the white screen on my Xbox I’ve reset it removed my account then logged back...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the white screen on my Xbox I’ve reset it removed my account then logged back...: How do I fix the white screen on my Xbox I’ve reset it removed my account then logged back in and unplugged it then plugged it back in 45b7bf9e-db27-4f11-b7a7-42c08fcaf509
  10. How do I fix and change my son birthday on his account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix and change my son birthday on his account: I just made a new Xbox live account for my son and put my daughters birthday on accident and now it asks for my permission for everything he tries to do and I’d like to fix it plus when setting up...