How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

Discus and support How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GamerBro64#2432, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another question like this and I’ve tried all the troubleshoots, nothing works! I’m hoping there is a new solution to this because this is pretty much just $60 wasted. When I have my external hard drive disconnected my Xbox works perfectly fine. And all the games on that hard drive are the games I play with friends. Please tell me someone has a solution.

:)

GamerBro64#2432, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

Hello again, exactly, from what we've seen so far the console is in perfect condition, to eliminate more possibilities should test your HD with another USB cable and also on another USB port of the console.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Quick question have you low level format the drive?

The only reason why a external hdd would forcibly reboot a system if you have bad sectors and it's needs to scan and reboot and repair said sectors

If you don't complete the repair it's just going to repeat itself
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, what would be their Xbox One model, they usually have USB ports on the front and back.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, if you tested your external HD on another console and it also turned off, it means that there is some problem with your external HD, but it may be on the cable or even in the HD box.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, I understand that it does not have another cable, as already redefined the console and it keeps doing the same thing, will have to test it with another cable or even on another console, because as I mentioned this may be some electrical problem in the cable or even in the external box of the HD.
Thema:

1. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S? - Similar Threads - Fix Seagate External

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  4. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  7. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  8. How do I fix game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game bar?: Hi, every time I use the Xbox Game Bar, specifically Xbox party, it tells me that, "Background Permissions" are turned off. I checked my Windows Settings, and I picked, "allow." I have terminated,...
  9. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  10. My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this: all started when I restarted my xbox 5a2da785-6391-471c-a5d1-b0ec5a325209