How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

Discus and support How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GamerBro64#2432, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another question like this and I’ve tried all the troubleshoots, nothing works! I’m hoping there is a new solution to this because this is pretty much just $60 wasted. When I have my external hard drive disconnected my Xbox works perfectly fine. And all the games on that hard drive are the games I play with friends. Please tell me someone has a solution.

:)

GamerBro64#2432, Nov 24, 2022
  2. GamerBro64#2432 Win User

How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

I don’t think so but if I don’t, how do I do that
  3. ngocphi Win User

Quick question have you low level format the drive?

The only reason why a external hdd would forcibly reboot a system if you have bad sectors and it's needs to scan and reboot and repair said sectors

If you don't complete the repair it's just going to repeat itself
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, what would be their Xbox One model, they usually have USB ports on the front and back.
  5. GamerBro64#2432 Win User

I’ve tried that already and I don’t believe I have any other usb cables
  6. GamerBro64#2432 Win User

My Hard drive is one that has to be plugged into the Xbox, I don’t think I have any other USB ports, and my Xbox is connected to an outlet.
Thema:

1. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S? - Similar Threads - Fix Seagate External

2. Why does my modern warfare 2 on Xbox says I am offline not joinable? How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my modern warfare 2 on Xbox says I am offline not joinable? How do I fix this?: I have been trying to figure out why I can’t search and add friends that are on other platforms and it keeps saying I’m offline not joinable. It’s aggravating what’s going on...
  3. Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?: I have been having a terrible input delay for about a year now on my Xbox. Whenever I press the buttons on the controller it is delayed and there are SOO many input errors. It has completely...
  4. Fallout 4 doesn't lauch after installing mods, How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 doesn't lauch after installing mods, How to fix?: Fallout 4 doesn't lauch after installing mods, trough the in game mod downloader 3bf7943d-e6f6-426b-9b5f-d8f9a678d2c0
  5. How do I fix a blackscreen after loading for specific games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix a blackscreen after loading for specific games?: There are certain games (A Plague Tale: Requiem, Metal Hellslinger) that when launched will load the developer screens but then get stuck on a blackscreen. This doesn't happen for most games...
  6. how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games: i have an issue where i cant download or play games using the xbox app or the microsoft store using my xbox pcgamepass subscription. my gamepass subscription hasent expierd yet and i cant find an...
  7. How to Fix Microsoft store not installing anything

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Fix Microsoft store not installing anything: I can't download anything from the microsoft store, and I can't download the minecraft launcher, or the xbox app from the chrome downloads. I've tried reseting the cashe and app, as well as...
  8. How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How i can fix this? >Microsoft store lag<: Yo so i have this lag where microsoft store just jumps on my screen i cant shut it down and it always comes back on my screen. It all started when i launched my minecraft launcher and i cant do...
  9. Seagate Expansion Card - Fixed yet?

in XboX Insiders
    Seagate Expansion Card - Fixed yet?: Hello Insiders! I have a question. When the Seagate expansion was released there was a known issue that booting the system with the card installed would cause the system to “hang”, make a...
  10. Question about a fix in Series X updates - Seagate Expansion Drive

in XboX Insiders
    Question about a fix in Series X updates - Seagate Expansion Drive: Hello folks. I’ve been following and seeing quite a bit of updates rolling out. Has the network connection issue with the Seagate expansion drive been corrected? The one where the card knocks the...