How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

Discus and support How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kyle Nosey., Feb 11, 2024.

1. Kyle Nosey.
    Kyle Nosey. Guest

I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my game i tried updating fluctuated from 5mbps to 80mbps but never stayed high.

:)

Kyle Nosey., Feb 11, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox servers adjust download speeds based on load and what you are trying to download. Saturday for example tends to be a bad time since everyone is on, and downloads typically max out around 250mbps

Starlink also throttles you, depending on congestion.
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Kyle N! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having download speeds. What speeds did you get before replacing it? Have you made sure all the ports required for Xbox are open? I have listed them below.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)
  4. Kyle Nosey. Win User

I tested my speed with Xbox though and it was saying 200mbps only when i tried updating my game it was low
  5. Kyle Nosey. Win User

I can’t open ports with starlink i don’t think
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

How do I boost my download speed?

Hi Kakashi. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Is your Xbox connected via WiFi, or Ethernet?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox - Similar Threads - fix download speeds

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?: I have tried everything from this post, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-bugged-when-i-tried-to-download-it-how-to/3f49f0a7-a6c3-4b76-8698-a32b33e3ff7f and this post...
  4. how is it 2023 and yall still ain't fixed the Xbox App? The download speed is horrendous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how is it 2023 and yall still ain't fixed the Xbox App? The download speed is horrendous...: Shouldn't have to try 30 different things to make it download faster, I've tried several solutions, but none have worked. Been a Xbox gamer since like 2005, but at this point, boutta just switch...
  5. microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?: so I've seen MANY options across forums on how to fix this, from resetting the app from the settings, to the PowerShell reset and the download throttling. I have tried everything i can find to...
  6. Is there a fix to the super slow download speed on xbox app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix to the super slow download speed on xbox app for pc: Like title says everything I download through the xbox app for pc my downloads cap at 5 MB/s and usually hover around 4. I have tried the delivery optimization settings and allow download from...
  7. Fix for download speed and practical idea to increase game library size.

in XboX Insiders
    Fix for download speed and practical idea to increase game library size.: I am not sure if this is where this should go but here it goes. I found my internet connection speed at the modem differed very much from the download speed that the Xbox game pass pc app was...
  8. : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S: : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S I get these issues a lot it depends how many ppl.are doing the same download as you and the area you live on how many ppl are using net too in area....
  9. Fix for the horrendous Download Speed for Xbox Game Pass Beta!

in XBoX on Windows
    Fix for the horrendous Download Speed for Xbox Game Pass Beta!: All right boyz! Finally found how to fix the atrociously slow download speeds on the Xbox Game Pass for PC (BETA) APP. This fix will also be applied to Windows Store App. I left my computer all...
  10. How can I fix my XboxOne download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my XboxOne download speed?: I pay for 150mbps internet speed from SuddenLink internet. On both my laptop and PC I get about 126-136 on the 5g wifi on SpeedTest and wired in I get the full 150mbps speed, but on my Xbox One...