How do i fix my bumper not working on xbox series elite 2 controller

Discus and support How do i fix my bumper not working on xbox series elite 2 controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My left bumper does not work when i press it down it doesnt register. You have to push very hard for it to sometimes work. I bought this controller for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by josh magnuson1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How do i fix my bumper not working on xbox series elite 2 controller

My left bumper does not work when i press it down it doesnt register. You have to push very hard for it to sometimes work. I bought this controller for 180 bucks and you would at least excpect it to work for more than a year. This is most likely the worst controller i have ever owned yet the most expensive

:)

josh magnuson1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Elite Controller Bumpers

Yeah the Elite Series 2 was basically improved from feedback of users of the Elite Series 1

Many problems were fixed including the bumpers and the grip that also came loose after some time

Hope to get an Elite Controller one day :)
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Xbox elite 2 controller left bumper not working temporarily

I totally understand and it is unfortunate that the warranty coverage has already expired. Nothing to worry, you have mentioned that you were able to temporarily fix your controller by blowing air where the bumper is.

To permanently fix the issue, I would highly recommend you have your controller fixed to your nearest electronic store as they have the right tools to check and fix the controller's left bumper.

I have similar experience before with my Xbox series controller buttons and I have it successfully fixed on one of my local electronics shops.

You can also try to fix it on your end by following the detailed instructions here on this link: (But we do not recommend a self-fix as this can possibly damage the device more.)

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+One+Elite+Wir...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjJE7QLYMw
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Josh

Could be a hardware issue, but before concluding that. May I know if you tried cleaning carefully the controller?

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Or, just in case. Connect it to a different device just to see if the same happens.

If yes and if the issue happens everywhere the best option is open a repair request for your controller if its on warranty
  6. cowabunga86 Win User

If you’re still having the problem, pull in the TRIGGER to create a gap between trigger and your bumper. Use a can of air or somehow blow into the gap. Most likely you just have build up.
Thema:

1. How do i fix my bumper not working on xbox series elite 2 controller - Similar Threads - fix bumper working

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  4. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  7. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  8. I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...: I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able to track the package until it got to the destination for repair. How can I check the order status...
  9. How do I fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Bumpers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Bumpers?: Microsoft refuses to fix my bumpers because my warranty has ended. But a $250 dollar controller where the bumpers break after a year? Cmon. How do I fix these myself?...
  10. How to fix my right bumper on xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my right bumper on xbox elite controller: Only got the controller in the last 6 months, have been treating it fine but the Right bumper is unresponsive whenever I press it, wondering if I should try to go somewhere to get it fixed or I...