How do I fix my age for joining Minecraft realms? (I am over 17)

Discus and support How do I fix my age for joining Minecraft realms? (I am over 17) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can't join or create realms on Minecraft for Windows, "Because of the way my Microsoft account is set up". I've been trying to resolve this for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Josh Att, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Josh Att
    Josh Att Guest

I can't join or create realms on Minecraft for Windows, "Because of the way my Microsoft account is set up". I've been trying to resolve this for hours. I am over 16 yet it says I need a parent. How do I fix this?

:)

Josh Att, Jan 22, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

You can join or create realms on Minecraft by changing your Privacy Settings at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebar... but if you're being redirected to a Support page about the reason why you can't change your Settings, it means the system is detecting that you're using a child account so in that case, you need to use an adult (organizer) account from your Family Group to change your Privacy Settings on the same link.

Make sure that all settings under the Privacy tab and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety are set to "Allow" or "Everyone". It should be like the screenshot below.

Also, make sure to set these settings to "Allow" or "Everyone".

- You can see and upload community creations

- You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

- Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

Additionally, if you're playing on an Xbox console, make sure you have an active Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

[​IMG]
  3. John P_14 Win User

Kindly use an adult (organizer) account to change your Privacy Settings but if you're not yet in a Family Group, follow the steps below to add your account as a MEMBER.

To add someone to your family group:

1. Go to family.microsoft.com.

2. Sign in with your Microsoft account (parent/adult account), then select Add a family member.

3. Select Member.

4. Enter an email address or phone number for the person you want to add, then select Send invite.

Note: If the person you're adding is already part of another family group, they'll first need to be removed from that family group, or they'll need a new Microsoft account for your family group.

5. Have the person you invited to accept your invitation from the email or text message they receive. Or, in the Notifications section, select Accept now next to Pending member. You'll be signed out so the person you're trying to add can sign in to their account and accept the invitation.
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Minecraft

Hello SamanthaMartin4,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. Can you please provide more details regarding Minecraft? Are you searching for a Minecraft Realms invite from a friend? In case you are attempting to join a Realm, you can find details on how to find an invite under "Joining Someone's Realm" Minecraft Realms - How do I Join Someone's Realm

We look forward to your response!

-Tali
  5. Whirdle Win User

Minecraft bedrock realm crashes whenever i join

I believe it has something to do with the world itself instead of the realm, the owner switched the world over to a different realm and it still crashes the game whenever i try to join. II do not have a realm but people from that realm can join my worlds. if we were to convert the realm into a regular world, then i try to join, then we turn it back into the realm, would that potentially fix it?
  6. maykel123 Win User

Trouble with purchasing Minecraft Realms

Hello,

I’m a **age removed for privacy** Minecraft Pocket Edition user from the United States and would like to purchase Minecraft Realms so I can play Minecraft multiplayer with my **age removed for privacy** brother, but am experiencing difficulties in doing so. Here is what the problem looks like on my side:

In the Minecraft PE app, I tapped on the “Start Minecraft Realms 30 Day trial” button, then agreed to the Terms and Conditions. The Microsoft system greeted me with a message saying that I “cannot play on Minecraft Realms because of how (my) account is set up.” It then provided me with a link for how to fix the issue. I tapped it, which brought me to a redirect page, and this stated that I was in a family group and could not change my security settings. Upon further inspection and a look at how to get out of a family group, I found out that the family tab said I was not in one. Additionally, after talking with my parents they have said that they have never set one up. However, the problem still persists and Microsoft keeps insisting that I cannot change my preferences because I’m still supposedly in a family group. What do I do from here so that I can purchase Minecraft Realms? I have a viable debit card, phone number and job and am not sure what to do from here.

Also, quick note: I do not have an Xbox of any kind.
    grasias
Thema:

1. How do I fix my age for joining Minecraft realms? (I am over 17) - Similar Threads - fix age joining

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  4. How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4: [img] ı played a lot of times age of 4 and now ı took this error C00T01R04X-01 52656C6903E8 06c44f84-d1f8-4c30-a998-38ec0bbb130e
  5. Age of Empires 2 syncing problem when launching on windows, how do I fix this problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 syncing problem when launching on windows, how do I fix this problem?: I played Age of Empires 2 for a day and was starting to enjoy it, and at first nothing seemed wrong. Then the next day, it was stuck in sync and I couldn't get to the play the game. I tried to...
  6. Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?: I connect to my xbox series x over ethernet. I recently got a new router. I have 500MB internet. When I boot my xbox, it prompts me to choose who to sign in (I have it set to auto sign-in my...
  7. How to fix the account age problem?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix the account age problem?: I am trying to link my xbox acc to my discord but i can't link them, i says i have a child acc even tho in my acc info it even says adult what should I do? moved from: Outlook / Outlook.com /...
  8. Anyone knows a fix for Minecraft age verification redirect

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone knows a fix for Minecraft age verification redirect: every time I try to log into my Minecraft account it asks me to verify my age then when I hit verify it send me to this site Im in the United States...
  9. how to fix my age

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to fix my age: When i made my Microsoft account I set my age as my birth age which was lower then 13 at the time so when i tried to play minecraft online with my friends I could not now fast forward years later...
  10. Why can't I fix my account age?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I fix my account age?: When I created this account years ago, I put in the current date it was when I was supposed to be putting in my date of birth. This has resulted in my account being 0 years old. This is now years...