How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on...

Discus and support How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What's happening is say I open game bar with the default short cut and the mouse cursor is on the left side of the screen but as soon as I close it the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ExoticMonkey38, Jan 1, 2023.

1. How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on...

What's happening is say I open game bar with the default short cut and the mouse cursor is on the left side of the screen but as soon as I close it the mouse cursor resets back to the position it was in when I opened game bar no matter how I close the overlay or where the mouse cursor is.

Another user has had the same problem in this post here but the answer on there does not seem to work either.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...on-prior/9ee37ba6-2e3b-4e3e-b1ab-fd356d782a6c

While you cannot see the game bar overlay you can see the mouse cursor resetting to the initial position.

How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on... [​IMG]

:)

ExoticMonkey38, Jan 1, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on Windows 11?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on Windows 11?

Hello ExoticMonkey38,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having concerns about the cursor resetting after closing the Xbox Game bar. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    • Is this issue isolated when closing Xbox Game bar alone? or other apps are affected as well?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Before you begin troubleshooting any of the following problems, first verify that you have the latest version of Windows and that all Windows updates are complete:

How to get software and driver updates for Windows devices

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

If this may be due to a software corruption, try running the System File Checker Tool

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Try creating a new Windows User to see if this is a profile related issue.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Julian Smith Win User

Windows 10 preview build 10547 - Xbox streaming broken

The fix didn't work here either, even if it did I think the constant mouse cursor and top menu bar while playing could get irritating. Another thread suggested we should get a proper MS fix "soon"
  5. CheezyNipz Win User

We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live 0x89245113

yes this issue has been fixed, however ive been struck with another one. The game loads with the picture of farming sim windowed (loading screen) then disappears, however is still in my task bar and i cannot move my mouse then it closes fully. I dont know what to do ive used WSReset.exe and resetted the microsoft store.
  6. xShiury Win User

My mouse lag when i make small movements on XSX

Thanks Jason for you’re answer !

But when i move my cursor by Microsoft, it jerks. I don’t think its the Game compatibility.

What’s the polling rate of the mouse on Xbox Serie X ?

What’s the delay to the answer of the keyboard and after the mouse ?
Thema:

How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on...

1. How do I fix mouse cursor resetting to initial position after closing xbox game bar on... - Similar Threads - fix mouse cursor

2. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  3. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  4. How to fix mouse opening titlebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix mouse opening titlebar: So I don't have this problem with any other game but games downloaded from Microsoft store as in Roblox, when ever I go into full screen mode or stay in windowed mode but I am in first person mode...
  5. Why isn't my mouse working for Warhammer 40,000 darktide and how can I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my mouse working for Warhammer 40,000 darktide and how can I fix it?: I loaded int the game and the keyboard works amazing but the mouse is stuck in the top left corner of my screen I've tried restarting my xbox and un plugging and replunging my mouse but it is not...
  6. iis there a way to fix the mouse and keyboard for xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    iis there a way to fix the mouse and keyboard for xbox: im currently trying to play games with my keyboard and mouse on my xbox, and i cant get them to work on any of the game pass games, ive already played them before with keyboard and mouse but now...
  7. has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click)

in XBoX on Consoles
    has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click): There are a bunch of posts in the Xbox subreddit about this, not sure if limited to Series X/S but we are unable to both right-click and left-click at the same time... you know, how you aim and...
  8. How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox? (Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox? (Series S): Split from this thread. The same thing happens to me on series S and this bug did not happen a week ago. Also my friend on a normal xbox one has been having this problem for months...
  9. How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox? (Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox? (Series S): Anytime I try to use my left click while holding right click, it doesn't work. I tried my mouse on my brother's Xbox (also a Series S), and it worked fine. I've tried switching the right and left...
  10. Hi How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi How do I fix my mouse on my Xbox ?: Hi so my Xbox usb mouse doesn’t let me aim and shoot on roblox and I’ve been wondering how do I fix it Here’s an example: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/ZSSVEA6VJT It lets me shoot without...