How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...

Discus and support How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am on Windows Minecraft Bedrock, And my friend is on Switch Bedrock Minecraft. Whenever they try to join they are greeted with this error message. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinneedsHelp1235, Jun 3, 2023.

1. How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...

I am on Windows Minecraft Bedrock, And my friend is on Switch Bedrock Minecraft. Whenever they try to join they are greeted with this error message. My friend Who is on playstation is able to join just fine. My Friend Already has Switch online. And has had it for years. He says that Just yesterday he was able to play online with a different friend via cross-platform. How do I fix this?

*** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other ***

:)

JustinneedsHelp1235, Jun 3, 2023
  2. kevinnatal Win User

Minecraft “Better Together” update

Has the Minecraft “Better Together” update prevented some cross-platform group play? It seems that the answer is YES. My children now cannot play in the same Minecraft world, one via Windows 10 PC and one via Switch. The Switch player keeps getting
    an "Outdated Client" message when trying to join, despite being able to see the other player's status in the cross-platform dialog box. The Minecraft Switch software is up-to-date.
    Y
  3. CarTzy Win User

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players

Hello L an1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing Minecraft with cross-platform players. To better assist you, I would like to ask you a few questions:

- What version of Windows are you using on your PC?

- How did you purchase and install Minecraft on your PC?

- Do you have an Xbox Live account and are you signed in to it when you launch Minecraft?

- Can you see the option to join or create a world with friends in the main menu of Minecraft?

- Do you get any error messages when you try to invite or join cross-platform players?

It's possible that you may not have the latest version of Minecraft installed on your PC. To invite cross-platform players, you need to have the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft installed on your PC.

To check if you have the latest version of Minecraft installed, you can go to the Microsoft Store and check for updates. If there is an update available, you can download and install it to see if it resolves the issue.

If you still can't invite cross-platform players after updating Minecraft, you may need to check your network settings to ensure that you have the necessary ports open for cross-platform play. You can find more information on how to do this on the Minecraft website.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Can someone help me? I'm on ps4 and my friend on Nintendo and the world we play on has just turned off multiplayer and yet we can play on other worlds

Hi Hagen!

Were you able to play on the world before? Do you own it yourself?

Is it a regular World or a Realm? May I also know the exact error message when your friend tries to join?

How about your other friends from other platforms, are they able to join the world which your other friend cannot?
  5. Reltub Syob Win User

Minecraft Worlds not working?

I've tried it in the minecraft preview and it works fine, but i would prefer to play it on regular minecraft since I play a lot of cross-platform with my friends and they wouldn't be able to join me.
  6. Aravindhan Ganasan Win User

Minecraft Windows 10

Nat type is either strict or moderate, I tried fixing it and went through the web for solutions but none helped to fix it. The thing is I can play all the other multiplayer games with no problem but only minecraft is giving me problem and that too I can
    join his world and play but he can't join my world. My Xbox live is logged in and it's working and that is how I can join his world. I don't understand what's the problem with this now. The same problem persists with minecraft pe that I just bought, I can
    join my friends but they can't join my game. Note we are not connecting through lan but through multiplayer option, as per the new update which enable us to join our friend's world if they're friends with us in Xbox live. Please get back to me soon, I took
    so long to reply as I was trying to fix the NAT type.
Thema:

How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...

1. How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error... - Similar Threads - fix friend can't

2. App not letting me add friend, how do you fix

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    App not letting me add friend, how do you fix: Saying try again later and after 3 weeks still not working. f4caecd2-1a29-48ea-868a-c786e4582f95
  3. How do I fix a bug where only one of my friends have been blocked(on fortnite)?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix a bug where only one of my friends have been blocked(on fortnite)?: I have already tried actually blocking him, reporting him(not because he did something bad), even trying to friend him but it just says "failed to send request" and we both have tried everything....
  4. Why cant I unblock my friend Xbox just won't allow me any way to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I unblock my friend Xbox just won't allow me any way to fix?: It won't let me unblock my friend is there a fix to this anyone? edb7ce27-4a83-44bd-9829-2d32ad8e1e9d
  5. Thank you for fixing the favorited friends notification

in XboX Insiders
    Thank you for fixing the favorited friends notification: Beta build - I dunno if it was a bug or what, but tonight was the first time in months I got a notification for a favorite friend signing on. Thanks for the fix. submitted by /u/anders09...
  6. How do I fix my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix my friends list: So my Xbox is bugging out majorly or something, I can't see my friends list and when I go to add new friends they disappear too and I am not able to see if they're online unless we have previously...
  7. Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?: Yesterday I saw on the xbox status website that friends and social activity notifications were down and something about Microsoft looking into the problem. I’m hoping and assuming that Xbox...
  8. How to fix achievements not showing up on profile as well as friends’ profiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix achievements not showing up on profile as well as friends’ profiles: As of today, I am having an issue where I can not see my games and achievements in my profile page. Additionally, whenever I go to the profile of a friend, the same thing happens. I have tried...
  9. Can't add friend please fix it NOW!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add friend please fix it NOW!: Im so close to returning this POS and getting a ps4. Why cant I add friends? 3dcb2bc5-a780-4f05-bfe1-8d00d7f16595
  10. I can't see my friend list please fix this asap

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't see my friend list please fix this asap: Really disapointed, I can't play with my friends should refund me 1 day of xbox live. 0b2c4275-31f1-47a3-a774-6d9962bb01f4