How do I fix Gaming Services error when downloading MSFS2020?

Discus and support How do I fix Gaming Services error when downloading MSFS2020? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am beyond frustrated right now. Since yesterday, I have attempted to install MSFS2020, which I paid 70 DOLLARS for may I add, only to see that it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwitchedDreams, Jan 13, 2023.

1. How do I fix Gaming Services error when downloading MSFS2020?

I am beyond frustrated right now.

Since yesterday, I have attempted to install MSFS2020, which I paid 70 DOLLARS for may I add, only to see that it had failed to download. After looking up my error code (0x87e00196) it said that "there's an issue with my Gaming Services package."

Yes, I have Gaming Services installed, yes I tried to Reset it, Repair it, Terminate it in the settings, all for nothing. I also tried to do some magic with the Windows Powershell after seeing YouTubers do it, yet again, time wasted.

At this point, I'm just fed up, I don't understand why we can't just press "INSTALL" without having to do some shady tricks and magic. MICROSOFT, STOP MAKING IT SO HARD TO PLAY YOUR GAMES WE PAID FOR.

Does anyone have a solution to this? All "solutions" haven't worked for me. The WindowsApps strategy doesn't work for me either, Windows doesn't allow me to access it anyway.

Please, someone, make my day and tell me how I can fix this totally stupid and ridiculous issue.

:)

SwitchedDreams, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

MSFS not loading 6/3/23 - XBOX live showing only an older version and will not upload an overnight necessary upgrade to gaming services

Hi Gavin!

To confirm, do you only have an issue with the game MSFS2020? How about your other games? Does the error “Gaming Services not installed “ show on all of the games you try to play?
  3. Ryan355 Win User

Which files do I copy to transfer Flight Simulator 2020 to another PC?

Hi guys. So i've recently also wanted to copy over my MSFS2020 from my PC to my laptop and followed the instructions posted by DeckedBeret1566. I have copied the 'Official' and 'Community' folder from my PC (D:\Games\MSFS2020) to my laptop (C:\Games\MSFS2020).
    However when I select (C:\Games\MSFS2020) in the installer, it proceeds to download the entire game from scratch. Perhaps I am missing something?
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

How do I fix "gaming services needs to be downloaded"?

Hey Kaleb!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, Xbox, and gaming services apps:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. RiaanAspeling Win User

Xbox (beta) PC app - all games give error 0x800704c6 when downloading

This problem still persists. I get huge fluctuations when downloading and I have a 200Mbps fiber line. It stops to download every 5min or so with error: We couldn't connect you to the service, error
    0x800704c6.

How can this still not be fixed! I don't have these issues on Steam or any other Gaming platform.
  6. itsmedc93 Win User

Sooo could any one help me?

When I click on your link to the service center, the page loads but tells me "error, access denied". How do I get fix that?
Thema:

How do I fix Gaming Services error when downloading MSFS2020?

1. How do I fix Gaming Services error when downloading MSFS2020? - Similar Threads - fix Gaming Services

2. Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?: Due to my computer being new, it hasn't been downloaded onto my PC before and therefore can't be uninstalled first so using Shell and those commands do nothing. I've done everything that has been...
  3. Fix for Gaming Services please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for Gaming Services please: My PC games (bought via MS store/xbox app) wont install or update, they get to 100% then hit an error message. Gaming Services seems to be the issue, however i can't seem to fix GS via the...
  4. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  5. Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.: Gaming services doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it three times. When i go into services and try to start gaming services it says: "Error 1060: The specified service does not...
  6. How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.: All of a sudden a few days ago, my Game pass PC has stopped working. The Xbox App claims that Gaming Services is not installed, but every time I try to Powershell and remove the Gaming Services...
  7. How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?: I purchased the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion and attempted to install it. There was plenty of space on the machine but the installation got hung up. After a bit of innocent...
  8. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  9. How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?: I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I clicked install and started watching YouTube....
  10. How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?: I'm unable to install games on the xbox app on PC (windows 10). "Gaming services failed with error code: 0x8007007e." I've tried everything listed on the support page and nothing has fixed the...