How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming?

Discus and support How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Party chat works fine, I use Xbox streaming to stream to my laptop to use as a monitor, this is a problem in both Modern Warfare 2 and Overwatch 2,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Ki11ometerAC, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Ki11ometerAC
    Ki11ometerAC Guest

Party chat works fine, I use Xbox streaming to stream to my laptop to use as a monitor, this is a problem in both Modern Warfare 2 and Overwatch 2, where in both games the voice chat doesn't work. In MW2, I have attempted to use the mic testing feature, where it shows up as just not registering. It should be noted that my headset has a USB jack, and not a headphone jack, so the headset gets plugged into the laptop. The headset is new, and works on testing websites, discord, and the previously mentioned parties through the Xbox app.

The Xbox app audio isn't set to push to talk, and neither are either of the game's voice chat

:)

Ki11ometerAC, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Ki11ometerAC Win User

Thanks Josef, the audio enhancements seemed to be the problem
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this KI11OMETERAC

May I know if you tried ”Formatting" your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

Go to Windows settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If that doesn’t work try and double check this:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Jason Lochhead Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Same problem here. I've tried my Logitech wireless headset as well as a USB headset. Both work fine in Windows apps, but no mic on Xbox Streaming for game chat, voice messages, or parties. It does seem to work in the Xbox app Parties though.

I have the beta app v11.11.3013.
  5. Zeus Swerve Boi Win User

Xbox app party chat not working

sir, i dont need to do this because the party chat has been working fine for me for months. something only happened just today with xbox app parties to where voice chat isnt working anymore. also even if i did the dmz thing how would i do that on a RAX120 nighthawk router???
  6. JackHammer360 Win User

Xbox not recognizing my mic when streaming after update.

I am having the same exact issue. I can hear in game chat, but no one can hear me. MS, please prioritize this for fix! It had worked previously, but it has not worked worked now for a long time. As a workaround, I hear that you can install the xbox beta
    app alongside the regular xbox app and use the in app party chat with one app and stream with the other, but this will only work with party chat, not in game....
Thema:

1. How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming? - Similar Threads - fix game chat

2. How can I fix my game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix my game chat?: For quite a while now I've been unable to talk specifically in game chat. In parties I can both hear and speak to everyone without issues, but in game chat I can only hear other players. I've...
  3. Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?: Was going to play hell let loose with some friends, tried the game the day before and everyting was working fine. the next day i got on to play and i cant hear anybody and i cant talk. i tried the...
  4. Game chat need fix pls I hate it. Kkkk.

in XboX Insiders
    Game chat need fix pls I hate it. Kkkk.: Game chat will occasionally glitch on for me pls fix submitted by /u/CautiousAd7033 [link] [comments]
  5. How can I fix the game chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the game chat?: So my Xbox Series X is doing this strange thing where it automatically mutes voice chat, making it so I can’t speak in game chat and I can’t hear anyone in game chat. I’ve tried all these...
  6. How do I fix my game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my game chat: I can hear people in call of duty lobbies but I can't talk in them. But my party chat works fine. What do I do to fix 4f45241c-203d-4b92-9be9-a07a708ab4eb
  7. FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine: To start, Fortnites in game chat and party chat is not working correctly for me. I can talk and hear perfectly fine in xbox part chat but as soon as I switch over to fortnites game/part chat. I...
  8. Can anyone tell me how to fix game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone tell me how to fix game chat: On mw2 only game chat doesn't work on both of our accounts we have all audio options turned on. Other games still have game chat also we do have remote play turned on. When joining in a public...
  9. How do i fix xbox game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix xbox game chat: Ever since i bough the xbox series x people in game chat across all the games i played told me that i am very very quiet and can’t hear me. I have tried with multiple controllers and seem to...
  10. How do i fix xbox chat for game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i fix xbox chat for game bar?: So like i do not know but im past due on my xbox game pass ultimate, it lets me start and talk in parties on my xbox but on my pc i can start a party but no audio goes through the mic, ive reset...