How do I fix controller calibration?

Discus and support How do I fix controller calibration? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Somehow I just started getting analog stick drift with my xbox one x. I've tried 3 different controllers and I still had the same problem which means... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Pumperor, Apr 9, 2024.

1. The Pumperor
    The Pumperor Guest

Somehow I just started getting analog stick drift with my xbox one x. I've tried 3 different controllers and I still had the same problem which means it's the xbox. The calibration menu shows the circles are not staying in the center, but recalibrating it doesn't work. Everything's up to date and I've already tried power cycling.

:)

The Pumperor, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing.

Since it involves the console, there aren't many procedures for resolving the problem. Naturally, I agree with you that if the issue occurs with 3 controllers, we should consider it a problem with the Xbox device. Hopefully, it's not a hardware problem, and since you've already tried a complete restart cycle, the next step would be to try resetting the console.

Before proceeding, although you may have already done so, make sure there isn't an update available for your console as it might potentially resolve your issue.

To reset your console.

Press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.

You can choose between resetting and removing everything or resetting and keeping games and apps. I suggest starting with the second option first, and then perform the reset and remove everything only if the issue is not resolved by keeping games and apps.

It's important you know that "Reset and remove everything" restores the console to factory default settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps, will be deleted.

Further information at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

I hope this solves your issue.

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One Controller on PC Help!

Perhaps the controller might need some calibration?

Assuming you're using Windows 10, try to find calibration settings for your controller in the hardware/device list.

Here's a guide with pictures:
    www.howtogeek.com/.../how-to-calibrate-your-gaming-controller-in-windows-10

NOTE: The above link uses an Xbox 360 controller with Windows 10. You may find the same or similar settings for the Xbox One controller.

Hope this helps!
  4. Kingg Karmaa Win User

Xbox One Controller

Hey uprising

the reason controller drift is because when you press to hard it messes up the calibration in the joysticks you have to reset the calibration and if that doest help you gotta take apart the controller and fix it manually.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Why does my controller do this?

Hello Tony_053, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We don't work for Microsoft.

Based on the information you have provided, the problem may be with the driver. The controller may be experiencing a calibration issue or there may be a problem with the controller hardware.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Restart the controller. This may fix temporary issues with the driver.

Calibrate the controller. You can calibrate the controller in Settings > Accessibility > Controllers.

Update the controller firmware. There may be a new update that fixes the problem.

If the problem persists you will have to send the controller for repair or buy a new one.
  6. spoiledbreath Win User

How do I fix controls?

Is there a way I can control the game with my mac keyboard instead of using my nintendo switch Joy Cons?

If there is, please let me know.
Thema:

1. How do I fix controller calibration? - Similar Threads - fix controller calibration

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  8. How to fix controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix controller?: My Xbox series X controller seems to have developed an issue where both triggers are registering as pressed on the test lab in settings and my console light flashes. Any ideas? I think I ruined...
  9. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  10. Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?: [img] My xbox wont let me get ti the homescreen, everytime i tried turning it on it took about 5 minutes to say xbox then it said the message above, before this happened there was another message...