How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button

Discus and support How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The game works just fine it's just every time I go to press the home button to check notification from friends or whatnot and then go back to the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brendan turner, Jun 9, 2023.

1. How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button

The game works just fine it's just every time I go to press the home button to check notification from friends or whatnot and then go back to the game it's black for a couple of seconds which makes it hard whenever in a multiplayer match

:)

brendan turner, Jun 9, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Brendan. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select Modern Warfare 2, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Michael BAHRKE Win User

The factory reset works the other ones did not.

Skip straight to factory reset.

Happy gaming!
  4. DavidSchoennagel SR Win User

It worked for me thanks Dave in CT
  5. gameshoes3003 Win User

Should I get Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2?

No matter how much I hate Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3...

You should pick Black Ops 2.

I really think that Black Ops 2 is superior in every way to Modern Warfare 3.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Not finding DLC COD Modern Warfare

Hi There,

This seems to be a fairly common occurance on Modern Warfare and the only fix that I've found involves doing these steps.

MODERN WARFARE “YOU DO NOT OWN OR ARE MISSING THE MULTI PLAYER DLC PACK” ERROR FIX | XBOX ONE

On Xbox One you’ll need to perform a slightly different process. There’s no option to restore licenses on Microsoft’s platform, which, regrettably, means that you’re less likely to fix the issue without needing to do a full reinstall.

• Select “My games & apps” on the Home screen
    • Locate Modern Warfare on the “Games” tab, highlight it and press the Menu (start) button on your controller
    • Select “Manage game & add-ons”
    • The following items should appear in the “Installed” section:
      • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare — Multiplayer Pack”
      • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare — Spec Ops Pack 1″
      • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare — Campaign Pack 1″
      • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare — Campaign Pack 2″
    • If you’re missing any, manually search the Xbox Store in order to download them
    • Should all of the relevant DLC already be present, you’ll need to uninstall all game content and then perform a full reinstallation
    Try it out and see if it helps. All credit goes to Game Revolution.

Link: https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...c-packs-error-you-do-not-own-the-dlc-pack-fix
Thema:

1. How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  3. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it: I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same...
  4. How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??: I had my Xbox one ever since 2019 on Christmas day and now I see that the game I just bought was working at first now it’s not it was resident evil village it would turn to a black screen and stay...
  5. How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?: On the last update it broke my Xbox One XS it will not update from a thumb drive offline What can I do to get my Xbox fixed bcb638c8-a102-4c44-92da-7b7e4d3c370a
  6. How to fix black screen of death?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix black screen of death?: My xbox has been stuck on the "black screen of death" for two days now. i've tried every solution i've seen on youtube and other articles. nothing is working. i tried to bring up the "safe mode"...
  7. How can I fix the black screen flashes on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the black screen flashes on my Xbox series X: I have had my Xbox series X now for nearly a year and just a couple of days ago I reset the tv settings so I could get the most from my 4K tv for gaming and now I’m getting flashing black screen...
  8. How do I fix black screening on call of duty black ops three

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix black screening on call of duty black ops three: So this All started going on maybe a half a year and I still cannot get into black ops three on my series x and I bought the game because it says I own it I’ve tried every troubleshooting...
  9. Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on: I turn on my Xbox one x and I get the green Xbox animation but after that the screen goes black. e3fdd936-8226-4d8b-bfae-48ffde4747e7
  10. How to fix a not normal black screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix a not normal black screen?: Hi! Today when I turned my Xbox one s on I got a no signal. I searched for hours but everything I tried it didn't work like it doesn't work when I hold the buttons and I tried to go to...