how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games

Discus and support how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have an issue where i cant download or play games using the xbox app or the microsoft store using my xbox pcgamepass subscription. my gamepass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mateo rendon olaya, Dec 8, 2022.

1. how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games

i have an issue where i cant download or play games using the xbox app or the microsoft store using my xbox pcgamepass subscription. my gamepass subscription hasent expierd yet and i cant find an app called gaming services which might solve my problem. please help

:)

Mateo rendon olaya, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games

Please follow the steps below accordingly:

1. Launch Windows PowerShell.

2. Run as administrator and enter the command below:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

4. Install and Restart your device.
  3. Mateo rendon olaya Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, I would appreciate it if you can let me know.

Also, if the Gaming services is missing, you can simply launch your Xbox App and then go to "Settings" and then "General", you should see "Gaming services" from there for you to install.
    hello Francia unfortunately i was not able to find gaming services on the general area settings on the xbox app. i have got error messages when trying to launch the games but the messages only tell me that i was not able to open the app and does not have an error code.
  4. Mateo rendon olaya Win User

I appreciate it, you can try installing the Gaming services by launching the Windows PowerShell, make sure to run it as administrator. After that, enter this command, this should launch the Microsoft Store App, you can install the app from there:

Hello i have typed the command and i am now at the gaming services page on the microsoft store however there is no button to download the app. What do i do now?
  5. Mateo rendon olaya Win User

Please follow the steps below accordingly:

1. Launch Windows PowerShell.
    2. Run as administrator and enter the command below:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

4. Install and Restart your device.
    Thank you very much everything is working normally and i can now play and download games
  6. Francia J. Win User

I appreciate it, you can try installing the Gaming services by launching the Windows PowerShell, make sure to run it as administrator. After that, enter this command, this should launch the Microsoft Store App, you can install the app from there:

Thema:

1. how do i fix an issue i have with the xbox app where i cant play or download games - Similar Threads - fix issue app

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. How do I fix this issue?:

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix this issue?:: When swapping xbox profiles my party chat and game audio won't work until I restart my xbox, as well my party audio, when in parties, will randomly shift to game chat for no reason. This is a...
  4. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  5. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  6. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  7. Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?: I’ve not been able to post or join LFG posts for years, and it has persisted over several consoles. Soft resetting, changing settings, and changing network has never fixed it....
  8. Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?: While talking to friends on different platforms during saying sentences and talking it seems my voice has to be quite loud to pick up. Is there anyway to increase my mic sensitivity? Along with...
  9. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  10. How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps: Whenever I use a Microsoft app, most of the time being Minecraft, and I use another source of audio such as Discord, Voicemod, or the Xbox Overlay Party Chat, either the Minecraft audio or my...