How do I fix additional authentication required for my network connection

Discus and support How do I fix additional authentication required for my network connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox tells me I have to have additional authentication required to test network and connection, I hit autinticate now and it takes me to a blank... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Preston Ballard, Jan 7, 2023.

1. How do I fix additional authentication required for my network connection

My Xbox tells me I have to have additional authentication required to test network and connection, I hit autinticate now and it takes me to a blank screen. I've cleared the alternate Mac address hopeing that would work but it didn't

:)

Preston Ballard, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Preston, the console must be trying to open some page to take your account.

Click on the link below and see if you have added an email or phone number to your account as a security option, if not, add at least one of them.

Security

https://account.microsoft.com/security
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

How to fix additional authentication

Hi Christian L! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

This is a problem that is a bit easy to solve, don't worry. The most common steps to solve this problem are:

- Power cycle your router and Xbox console
    - Delete alternate MAC address
    - Use your router's MAC address
    - Restart your Xbox console
    - Contact your ISP for help

In any case, you can obtain additional information at the following link:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-additional-authentication-needed-error-on-xbox-console

Or in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBP2D79FCuI

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

Hello, JoVanny. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide guidance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that the HDMI port on your Xbox is not working.

Not only that, but I regret to inform you that as you're not able to use the remote play feature, first you may need to fix the HDMI port on your Xbox before trying to verify your identity.

Verifying your identity requires re-enter your credentials on the console, this can't be done remotely.

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I hope it helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Issue with Authenticate Now option

Hello SeanSpear,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is not able to connect to the hotel's network due to an authentication error message. There are some hotels that require you to use a web browser before you can connect to the
    network. The web browser will take you to a website for the hotel that has you authenticate the device before it connects. Did you have to open a web browser on your cell phone before it connected to the hotel's WiFi? We suggest reaching out to the hotel's
    staff in order to discover if there is additional authentication that is needed for your devices to connect to the network. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. Janet_C Win User

How do u fix additional authentication needed

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

One of the possible reasons why a console cannot connect to the Internet is because its MAC address has been blacklisted by the router, i.e. someone may have configured the router so that a particular device does not consume bandwidth.

Formatting the router to its factory settings may help.

You can also try a reset by keeping games and applications on the console to rule out that it is a console problem.

Go to Settings>System>Console Information

And restart keeping your games.

Note that the console accounts will be removed, so you will need to have the email and password for each account to log back in.

Your progress, achievements, purchases and other data will remain intact, don't worry about that, you won't lose any data, the only thing you need to do is to log in again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
Thema:

1. How do I fix additional authentication required for my network connection - Similar Threads - fix additional authentication

2. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  3. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  4. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  5. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  6. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  9. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  10. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....