How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to...

Discus and support How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello and thank you so much for taking the time! Background info: I have been dealing the 0x80004005 error for the last 4-5 days, and am still unable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Carl Begley, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Carl Begley
    Carl Begley Guest

How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to...

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time!

Background info:

I have been dealing the 0x80004005 error for the last 4-5 days, and am still unable to launch/play or install any games with Xbox app on my Windows 10 PC (except Minecraft does seems to work). I can't play or install Deep Rock Galactic, State of Decay 2 etc. I have tried every fix suggested on the forums and support page 2-3 times over (for example the steps in this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10 ).

From what I see the only thing I haven't tried is a clean reinstall of Windows / formatting my PC and I'm not interested in doing that quite yet, there must be another way.. it was working for years until a few days ago. For now this post isn't about fixing that issue, I just thought I'd include background info as to why I'm messing about with the download folder. I'm hoping like heck the error it will fix itself after a few weeks. I play Deep Rock with friends and State 2 with my brother, and I'm really missing that time right now..

Current Problem:

I need to know how to change my download destination folder in the Xbox app back to the default C:\XboxGames. This is the default and where I've downloaded all my games in the past, some of which are still there. I changed it thinking it might fix the issue mentioned above, and I can't change it back.

In the Xbox app I went to settings - general - then changed the install folder to something random (C:\PerfLogs), and then went to change it back.. but I can't. Even after reinstalling the app, clicking ''repair' and ''reset'' in Windows settings etc, it's still on C:\PerfLogs. I can't find the C:\XboxGames folder to set it back to, and I can't find a way to set the app back to default destination (again, C:\XboxGames).

Can someone please explain how to set it back to the default download folder C:\XboxGames? I can't find it within C drive, and I can't figure out how to get the app to revert back to it. So now, even if my 0x80004005 error fixes itself, I'll still be downloading to the wrong folder.

So basically:

I changed the download destination folder in Windows 10 Xbox app from C:\XboxGames to something else, and I want to change it back. I want it set to the default C:\XboxGames folder but can't find it.

I went to Xbox app for Windows 10 > click on profile > settings > general > install options > folder and changed it. Now I want to change it back to C:\XboxGames.

Thank you, help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Carl Begley, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to change it back to the default C:/XboxGames folder.

Try to check on the main drive itself and make sure to show hidden files or folders if you can see the XboxGames folder. If there isn't one, proceed in creating a new one. It will prompt you an error if it's not possible to create it.
  3. Carl Begley Win User

How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to change it back to the default C:/XboxGames folder.

Rostom L,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to create a new XboxGames folder and set the app to download there. I will do this tonight when home from work.

Will this cause any problems as it won't be the original folder I already have games downloaded to?

As in there was already a folder with that name that I have games downloaded to, and now I'm creating a new one because I can't find the old one.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Carl!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to sort this out.

Make sure that you also change your default install location directly from your PC Settings.

Click on Start > Settings > System > Storage > under More storage settings, click Change where new content is saved.

Once done, try to create manually an XboxGames folder in C drive. Restart your PC and try to change it from the Xbox app.

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...
  5. Carl Begley Win User

Thank you Rostom,

I have followed your advice and created a new folder, and the xbox app has accepted it as a new save-point. I'm still concerned that I will have some games in one folder and some in another, but for now it's irrelevant because the app won't launch or install games anyway.

I'll closet this post here, thanks again for taking the time.

Carl
  6. WolF ShotlouF Win User

Im trying to download a game but everytime i just turn off my pc, it gets cancelled and goes back to 0% ???

Hi im on Windows 10 and i tried nothing exept changing the download folder for now since its the only game i got on the Microsoft Store. By the Way i think my Windows Apps folders are completely corrupted or something because i can't put them back as the default download location. Is there a way to reboot MS so that the Windows Apps folders became back to normal, like a full re-installation of Microsoft Store ?
Thema:

1. How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to... - Similar Threads - find default download

2. How do I find my Xbox one s controller???

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find my Xbox one s controller???: I don't have Kinect or spare controller so I can't have any microphone or anything in, and I need to find it, is there any way I can do it using Xbox app? - no Kinect - no microphone - No spare...
  3. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  4. How do I find the region code for xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find the region code for xbox 360?: Im stationed overseas. Not sure of the region my xbox 360 has. I bought NFS Carbon for it and i got hit with a region error. How do i figure out my region so i can buy games specifically from that...
  5. want to find out how to check my old bannings

in XBoX on Consoles
    want to find out how to check my old bannings: I had quite a few enforcements from the past and want to check them a231803e-3890-4513-bb52-69755083c347
  6. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  7. have to ask again because i cant find my original post

in XBoX on Windows
    have to ask again because i cant find my original post: so i put in a post a while back about being unfairly suspended from the rewards app along with a bunch of other people who just woke up one day to find they was suspended with no real cause. me...
  8. Xbox cannot find new modem ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot find new modem ip address: I just got a centurylink C4000LZ modem and my xbox 360 cannot find the ip address. I have tried rebooting and hard reboot. I don't want an ethernet cable connect. Has anyone else had this issue?...
  9. How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?: I hopped into the sea of thieves insiders game version and saw a message at the top that said there was a big announcement on the sea of thieves insiders forums but I can't find the information or...
  10. how do I find my own questionsss???

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I find my own questionsss???: I probably won’t see the answers to this either 3fba60b2-e439-4c98-82a1-b9833a88cccb