How do I file a complaint?

Discus and support How do I file a complaint? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The past few days I have been thinking about getting an Xbox One X using PayPal credit but the website has been crashing a lot. Yesterday I tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Naz-d, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Naz-d
    Naz-d Guest

The past few days I have been thinking about getting an Xbox One X using PayPal credit but the website has been crashing a lot. Yesterday I tried to purchase it again and was entering some details, and the website did not refresh properly and when I went
    to click edit payment method, it loaded and made me touch the buy now instead. So now instead of paypal credit, it is taking the full value off my debit card.

Now this was at midnight so lines were closed and there was no option to cancel. I contacted chat support straight away and the person said they have sorted the issue. The next morning I see the order is still showing, and so I called Microsoft who said
    they could not help me and asked me to contact paypal to stop the transaction. I contacted PayPal and they told me Microsoft would need to get in touch with PayPal to cancel the payment, but as I talked to microsoft again, they said it has to be from PayPal
    and they cannot contact PayPal themselves. I even escalated this to the supervisor who knew less than customer service operatives! So I called PayPal again to say Microsoft needs PayPal to get in touch with them and again I was told there was nothing PayPal
    can do as it is up to Microsoft to refuse the payment.

Anyway now it has come to the point where the order has shipped and I am due to be debited the full value. This all started from the poor website which continuously crashed, and although I blame myself for being persistent, Microsoft need to take ownership
    of this fault as well as the numerous failures in their customer service! As you can tell I am very frustrated and would like some kind of response from the Microsoft team as well as taking responsibility for their numerous errors.

:)

Naz-d, Oct 7, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Its not ideal, but if youre getting the run around from both parties-If all else fails, just return it for a refund.
  3. Naz-d Win User

This is also my worry. They cheated me on this sale with a faulty website and there is no option for a refund on my order history.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

To request a return or exchange:

1. Sign in to Order history, and then select Request a return. If you don’t see Request a return, your item may not be eligible for
      a return. For detailed info about the return and refund policy, see Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Note

Items that may be eligible for return, refund, or exchange include physical goods like a Surface, Xbox controller, virtual reality headset, or packaged software. Digital gift cards and service/subscription cards may
      also be eligible for return (see Microsoft gift card terms and conditions). Digital goods like apps, games, add-on content, subscriptions, movies,
      TV shows, and books aren't returnable unless the offer or applicable law states that you're eligible for a refund.
    2. Follow the instructions on the screen to get a prepaid shipping label for the return. If you can't get a prepaid shipping label for the return, contact support.
    3. When we receive your item and find it eligible for a return, we’ll either ship you a replacement or issue you a refund.
    You can see the status of your return or exchange on the Order history page (learn
    more
    ).

Refunds

When you make a qualifying return, we'll credit the full amount, less the original shipping and handling charges. Refunds are generally processed within 3–5 business days after we receive your item and find it eligible for a return. Refunds are applied
    to the original payment option.

You can see the status of your refund on the Order history page (learn
    more
    ).
  5. Naz-d Win User

Yes but I'm also worried about how long that would take, especially considering their failures so far. Would it be best I refuse the delivery and have it returned or actually go through the official refund process (I assume they send me a package or something
    to return it with)?

Thanks for responding.
  6. Admiral Scatman Win User

Gamertag kiboshed after 4 long years of uncontroversial (and quite frankly appreciated) use

how do i file a complaint about this individual for falsely filing profanity complaints? i cannot get into the file complaint section, because im BANNED.
Thema:

1. How do I file a complaint? - Similar Threads - file complaint

2. I want to file a complaint against the Arabian Xbox. They are not making any effort and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to file a complaint against the Arabian Xbox. They are not making any effort and I...: I want to file a complaint against the Arabian Xbox. They are not making any effort and I hope they will be expelled. No, there is no improvement. 7Years and abuse...
  3. I want to file a complaint to a manager at Xbox support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to file a complaint to a manager at Xbox support: Your service must be down as none of my digital games will work. I tried the virtual assistant and tried requesting a callback. Every single time I reach a live person, they immediately hang up on...
  4. Hi, I would like to know why I can't email anyone to file a complaint?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi, I would like to know why I can't email anyone to file a complaint?: I recently tried calling multiple times to the support center, every person I spoke with hung up on me and was very rude. I don't know who you guys have hired or are hiring but they should be...
  5. How to file complaint?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to file complaint?: I have now had 2 Xbox series x controllers’ right bumper become stuck. I have not misused the controllers. (thrown, press buttons aggressively, etc.) And am being asked to pay a repair fee as I...
  6. How to I file a official complaint?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I file a official complaint?: Microsoft has infringed my rights as a consumer, I have been banned for my gamerpic, the gamerpic was of a Proboscis Monkey, gamerpic of animals are not illegal, they Infringe no community...
  7. How can I file a complaint about a player bullying me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I file a complaint about a player bullying me?: I would like to report a player because they we're bullying me in the game and still is. f4199527-c8f2-4959-8816-0b868a378c11
  8. Where do I go to file a Formal Complaint against Xbox community standards.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do I go to file a Formal Complaint against Xbox community standards.: I have been on hold for hours and when told to hang up because of audio disconnection issues and the assistant would call back. They never did. I have been trying to file a complaint Against the...
  9. How to file a complaint over phone or through email speaking to a real person

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to file a complaint over phone or through email speaking to a real person: How to file a complaint over phone or through email as your support is useless and a waste of time if I can't get through then filing with the bbb is my only way 442482e9-9e37-4f12-85f9-98918c71dbd2
  10. How to file complaint with Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to file complaint with Microsoft: How do I contact Microsoft to see if they can send me a new Elite 2 Controller? This will be the 4th time (yes 4) that I've sent in my xbox elite 2 controller in 3 months. Three times it's been...