How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?

Discus and support How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sagehealer, Jun 10, 2024.

1. sagehealer
    sagehealer Guest

My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was installed.

:)

sagehealer, Jun 10, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Sagehealer! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues uninstalling games.

• Would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your external storage unit.
    - Unplug the console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox One, you'll have to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the outlet.
    - Plug everything back together.
    - Check if these games still occupy some of your storage space.

• If these games still take up some of your storage space or reappear under "My games and apps", it would be best to format your external storage unit.

To do so:

- Go to Settings > System > Storage devices.
    - Select your external storage unit.
    - Select the format option.

Please let me know if this works, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Aditya Parikh 11 Win User

Msfs closes automaticly on start up even forza horizon 5

how do i reformat it without deletting my drive and the games were installed on an external hard drive.
  4. CsabaGabor Win User

Xbox purchased game content not downloading

Sorry to hear it. This may be due to a corruption in the drive. Please try deleting the games and then redownload them and the DLC to an external hard drive.
    I currently don't have access to an external drive, I downloaded the game a few times, but ill try to do a factory reset with deleting all data. Thanks for your help!
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox one external hard drive

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is very likely that the data that was on your external hard drive has been corrupted. I recommend formatting the hard drive and reinstalling games. If this happens again, your hard drive may is defective, contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Missing games

Thank you for the update.

Are you using an External hard drive? A corrupted External hard drive may cause issues as well such as deletion of some installed games.
Thema:

1. How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted? - Similar Threads - delete games external

2. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  3. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  4. Problem deleting a game from my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem deleting a game from my xbox: There are 2 games I am trying to delete from my xbox 360. Whenever I press delete it pops up with an error message saying there was a problem performing that action...
  5. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  6. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  7. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  8. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  9. How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?: How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive? 296f134f-438e-418f-82be-9e1d082c657c
  10. Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?: My Xbox series X and my Xbox one will not delete games from my Seagate external hard drive. When I select the games to be deleted, nothing happens. The loading circle just goes on and on. Also,...