How do I delete an XBOX live profile?

Discus and support How do I delete an XBOX live profile? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My XBOX profile is OLD! It was set up with an old work email address which has long been out of commission. I mistakenly set up a new account, which is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DerekMoose, Oct 20, 2022.

1. DerekMoose
    DerekMoose Guest

My XBOX profile is OLD! It was set up with an old work email address which has long been out of commission. I mistakenly set up a new account, which is unused, with the email address that I want to associate with my active XBOX account. 2 questions: How do I delete the unused account? and how can I remove or change the email address on the existing account? I currently cannot do what I need to because of how unused account is set up.

:)

DerekMoose, Oct 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DEREKMOOSE

If the Microsoft account is a work or school account unfortunately is not possible to add or remove an alias attached to the account.

Is stated here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...
    "You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias."

Also, you can't add aliases already linked to a Microsoft account
    You can double check that using the previous article as well
  3. Miss Portia Win User

Crashing or Freezing

4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Passcode at sign in.

Hi, if you delete and download your profile again the passcode will be gone. Be sure to delete profile only when you do this please.

How to delete a profile
    HERE

How to download a profile
    HERE
  5. ashwinmahesh Win User

error code 80048821

Ive deleted the profile. how do i redownload it?? do I go to the click the join xbox live button. when i try recreating my profile it says my account is associated with a profile.
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

how do i delete a profile

Hi,

you're unable to remove xbox live accounts, you can change the sign in alias of that account here

https://account.microsoft.com/

Once signed in click on "your info" then "Manage your sign-in email or phone number" and it will ask you to sign in, sign in under "Account alias" click on "Add email address" and then swap
    with a new email address and make primary then repeat the steps for your new account.

if you're doing these steps make sure you have made the new xbox live account first.

Let me know if you need more help.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

1. How do I delete an XBOX live profile? - Similar Threads - delete live profile

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  4. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  5. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  6. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?: I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting...
  7. Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...: Delete my card from auto pay so I’m not paying for something I will never use again 3edfb132-e9bf-4f12-b0cb-c88bce498527
  8. My xbox live clips will not delete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox live clips will not delete: Hello! I’m having a bit of an irritating issue with my captures. I am trying to free up space, but whenever I delete clips and screenshots, they say deleted and then they come back. I have no...
  9. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...
  10. xbox live account delet

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live account delet: how do i delet my xbox live account 69893d65-794c-4deb-850c-841c8662484b