How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic...

Discus and support How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son set up a profile for his brother on the Xbox one and he started playing fortnite and did not link his epic games account so he now has a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Richard H4, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Richard H4
    Richard H4 Guest

How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic...

My son set up a profile for his brother on the Xbox one and he started playing fortnite and did not link his epic games account so he now has a fortnite account without all of his skins etc. how do we delete this and start again so we can link it to his epic games account and he can have his stuff please?

:)

Richard H4, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Bizzo Global Win User

Epic account link

I have recently downloaded Fortnite on my Xbox one and was automatically linked to my live account. I created an account with epic games and tried to link it to my xbox account and can't because of the initial download on my console was currently
    linked. Can you tell me how to unlinked this so I can link my epic account?
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic games account on Xbox one?

once an xbox account is linked to an epic account it can be disconnected but then only re connected with the same epic account, epic changed to this model a few years ago due to abuse, it is also a way to stop banned people just creating new accounts and relinking. you could open a ticket with epic explaining the situation to see if they can assist, but microsoft have no say and cannot do anything about it.
  4. DeniqL Win User

How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic games account on Xbox one?

Hi,Richard! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

You would have to first unlink the wrong account first and then link it to the desired one

Open www.epicgames.com.

Click on Sign-in in the top right corner and sign into your Epic Games account.

Hover over your display name and click Account.

Click on Connections and then select Accounts

Click on Connect for the account that you want to link to your Epic account.

Click on Link Account.

A pop-up window will appear. Sign-in to your console account and confirm you want to link your account.

Click Continue.

Your Epic Games account is now successfully linked to your console account.

Note:Disconnecting your console account will reset your fortinte profile progression and purchases. (it should not be an issue since you just started playing on that account though)
  5. RuskinF Win User

I dont know how to get my fortnite account back.

You will have to visit the Epic website and log in to your Epic account.

Then see if your Microsoft account is linked to Epic account or not.

If it is linked then unlink it and link it again.

If it is not linked then link it.

This might help you https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/account-linking-steps

I hope this helps!

Mark the answer as helpful if it helps you.
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Transfer accounts

At the moment, there is no way to transfer game progress/purchases from one Microsoft account/gamertag to another so you are limited in what you can do on MS side.

If your son is only playing Fortnite and that's the only game involved though, you may check on Epic side if and how is possible to unlink and relink the epic account so that everything strictly related to the Epic account may be managed
    in the process.

This may help:

https://www.fortnite-2fa.com/how-to-unlink-xbox-account-from-fortnite-without-verification/
Thema:

1. How do I delete an unlinked fortnite account and start again so I can link it to an epic... - Similar Threads - delete unlinked fortnite

2. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  3. Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club: I couldn't stand my series x console forcing an update every day at 6 in the morning and making me lose commendation ranks because of it, so I decided to take myself out of the alpha insider club....
  4. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  5. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  6. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  7. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  8. I want to unlink an account for minecraft but my account is deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to unlink an account for minecraft but my account is deleted: I wanna play on my new account because someone hijacked my old one. minecraft is already linked too the account is deleted help. 5cf250f7-2f59-4dd7-b199-cabe19dd4b64
  9. Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...: Hello My Microsoft account had been deleted because I got hacked and i try to create a new one and use the new account to play minecraft on my PlayStation 5 and When i try to login with my new...
  10. Unlinking deleted Microsoft account from psn

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlinking deleted Microsoft account from psn: As the question goes I can’t unlink my deleted Microsoft account from my PlayStation, I’ve tried everything. Such as delete ong storage data from my ps5 and no results I’ve already contacted...