How do I delete an account tied to windows phone which is no longer working?

Discus and support How do I delete an account tied to windows phone which is no longer working? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an account on Windows phone when I bought it and few year later I completly forgot about it and created a new one to play games on PC. Now I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andrey Tolmachev, Nov 25, 2022.

1. How do I delete an account tied to windows phone which is no longer working?

I created an account on Windows phone when I bought it and few year later I completly forgot about it and created a new one to play games on PC. Now I can't change my tag to my main one because of the first account, to which I no longer have access. WP is no longer booting up, only showing me blue screen and a sad smile, and mail that I thought I was used is tied up to my current account.

Is there a way to delete it or get access to? Or a way to contact a living person from support team instead of Virtual Agent?

:)

Andrey Tolmachev, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Andrey

Unfortunately the only way to delete an account is if you’re logged into it
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Besides that is not possible to delete it

And as you can’t access to the account, I can advise you fill the account recovery form, in that way you're going to submit a ticket with Microsoft account recovery team
    https://account.live.com/acsr

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that no one here including regular Microsoft Support is capable to send password reset links / modify or change account information for security policies
  3. Judge Win User

NEED TO DELETE THIS!

I agree, but the tag is directly tied into the way your phone operates, so that is really the only solution that makes sense if you think about how Windows Phone revolves around your MS Account. :(
  4. NeutralAim Win User

I can't get access to my correct Microsoft account.

Hi.

I forgot to mention that I have also tried this. Since, as I mentioned, in my initial attempts to recover my account I tried logging in with my phone number. My email address was attached to that account which I didn't know existed. So, in short, the email address that I'm trying to "recover" isn't attached to the correct account. This is the problem. The very fact that the email address wouldn't let me sign into Microsoft in the first place, shows that my account no longer exists. I did not delete my account, nor did I authorise anyone else to delete it. In the account recovery form, it asks for the email/phone number/skype id used with that account. I don't know what my skype id was, and both the email address and phone number aren't tied to that account for some reason. It then attempts to verify that the account is mine by asking for the Xbox gamertag. I can provide that, but since the account isn't tied to that tag, it's going to reject it as it will think that I'm logging into the wrong account.
  5. CapnSnazSnap Win User

How do I fix this?

Also, I've been sent links by the EA folks on how to link a gamertag to an Origin account, but the problem still exists that it wants me to pick a new gamer id (which I shouldn't have to do because I already have one), and when I enter my pre-existing one,
    it says it's already taken! The EA people were going to help me merge the pre-existing account (that's tied to a decade old email that's apparently no longer working) to this weird 'account' thats asking me to pick a new gamer id, but only if I can gain access
    to that decade old account that's apparently no longer working. What's going on & how do I fix it?
  6. Son ALA Win User

Can't recover my account

So right now, your account is no longer on your console right?

You can try this out since it has worked for people before.

Turn on the console, delete the profile if there is still a non working version of it on the HDD but do not delete all items tied to it.

After that, clear your cache.

Turn off the console and turn it back on.

Now try the recover/download profile process
Thema:

1. How do I delete an account tied to windows phone which is no longer working? - Similar Threads - delete account tied

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  4. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  5. As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.: I use it frequently (bought a game yesterday, in fact) and had around 50 games on there. Not only that, but I can't even add new games to create a new one. Will it restore automatically, or am I...
  6. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  7. my account was deleted out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    my account was deleted out of nowhere: i was using it earlier today and now it says it doesnt exist and i tried remaking it with the same email and it made a whole new account. now my 14 year long account is gone, please help. btw when...
  8. Can I get my account back even if the original email was deleted by the hacker?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get my account back even if the original email was deleted by the hacker?: My another Microsoft account was hacked they deleted my email and added they own and now I couldn't login or access with that Microsoft account. I try to login with verify code it gave me error...
  9. when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also

in XBoX Accessibility
    when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also: when I delete a game off my account does it delete off of my siblings account also 5b8963e8-23c9-4ea4-b70d-e3b645b03288
  10. Minecraft - Microsoft account was hacked and deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft - Microsoft account was hacked and deleted: Hello! My son’s Microsoft account was hacked and deleted. He now lost an access to his Minecraft game. We tried to get his account back, but Microsoft suggested to create a new one as an old...