How do i connect windows media center on my xbox 360?

Discus and support How do i connect windows media center on my xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im trying to use my xbox app on my phone to download games to my xbox 360 but it says Windows Media Center isnt connected but when i go to the web page... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bobby Masters, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How do i connect windows media center on my xbox 360?

Im trying to use my xbox app on my phone to download games to my xbox 360 but it says Windows Media Center isnt connected but when i go to the web page it tells me to go to the web page says that Windows Media Center has been done away with. What do i do?

:)

Bobby Masters, Nov 23, 2022
  2. jaynight92 Win User

Media Center and XBOX wont work - windows 7

My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition, My Xbox and PC are both on a wireless connection, I managed to connect the Media Center just fine, The way I did this is following the step by step instructions on connecting them together. Please double check these instructions
    and see if you missed a step or maybe by mistake did something wrong.

First to be on the safe side do this.

•Click Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Task, Settings.

•Select Extender.

•Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

•Select Uninstall.

If you cant find the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender then you may not have it installed yet. After checking this step please try the following.

Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360

•Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center.

•Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.

Add Extender

•At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Tasks, Add Extender.

•When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.

•Complete the Extender setup.

This is the exact way that I have installed the media center using a Wireless connection to both systems and having Windows 7. I am however not sure if network discovery has anything to do with this on your PC.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Media centre streaming problem

Sorry to hear it. I've always found the media center to be a bit of a pain to connect. However, here is a link with specific info on how to do it.

support.xbox.com/.../windows-media-center-on-xbox-360-windows-7

If, after trying that you are still unable to get it working then I would recommend Tversity. It's a free program that I use that can stream content easily from the console through to the console with little to no issues at all.
  4. ismahilmai3 Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc?

it is my first time connecting my exbox up to my pc
  5. ismahilmai3 Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc?

it is my first time connecting my exbox up to my laptop
  6. Temhotabot Win User

media center extender issues please help

support.xbox.com/.../media-center-faq.aspx

support.xbox.com/.../vista.aspx

Step 2: Remove previous connections

If you previously connected a computer to your Xbox 360 console, you will need to remove the existing connection.

Here's how:

On your computer

Start Windows Media Center.

Go to Tasks, and then click Settings.

Click Extender.

Click Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

Click Uninstall.

Click Next.

On your Xbox 360 console

Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

Select Computers.

Select Windows Media Center.

Select Disconnect.

Press the B button on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Thema:

How do i connect windows media center on my xbox 360?

1. How do i connect windows media center on my xbox 360? - Similar Threads - connect windows media

2. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  3. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  4. Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10: Hello, this is gonna be a long story but essentially about a month ago, I was having some Bluetooth problems and my Xbox controller was just disconnecting randomly from my PC and then...
  5. microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...: Hi My microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is greyed out. A few weeks ago my microsoft rewards account got suspended and then i sent them a ticket...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...
  8. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  9. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  10. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12