How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How...

Discus and support How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How can I change the Xbox to IPv6 or allow the network to accept... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J.C. Keys, Nov 19, 2022.

1. J.C. Keys
    J.C. Keys Guest

How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How...

How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How can I change the Xbox to IPv6 or allow the network to accept the IPv4 I am using on XBox?

:)

J.C. Keys, Nov 19, 2022
  2. ECsoundzVA . Win User

How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How can I change the Xbox to IPv6 or allow the network to accept the IPv4 I am using on XBox?

Ever figure this out? Going through the same thing myself
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

And this is happening only with your xinfinity router?
    Or if you try a different Wi-Fi network everything works as expected?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today J.C

Can you tell me what happens exactly when you try to connect your console to this Xinfinity hotspot?

About the IPv6 thing, using an IPv6 address depends entirely on your router
    If IPv6 is available your console should to use it automatically

If this is not your case, the best option is reach your ISP technical support and ask them to see if it’s possible to enable or assign a fixed IPv6 address to your console via router settings

In case you need to know more about IPv6 on Xbox please check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  5. RHR cats Win User

hello 👋 fellow gamers. So, Xfinity/Comcast and AT&T have a really bad 👎 habit of software 🧑‍💻 locking their hardware witch 🧙 means the only way you're going to fix the issue at hand 👋 is to contact your ISP peace ✌️ out fellow gamers.
  6. J.C. Keys Win User

Hi Joseph

Thanks for responding! I go into network setting of my xbox and I chose set up wireless network. Then I am asked to choose a wireless network. I choose XFINITY(ALL CAPS). Then I receive a message saying.....

This console supports WPA2/WPA3(personal), WPA/WPA2(personal), WPA2(personal), and WEP network security protocols, but your router is using something else. You'll need to. change your router's configuration.

For info about changing your router's security protocol, visit xbox.com/networkhardware. After you've changed it, check your connection again.

When I select the other connection xfinitywifi(all lowercase). I get a "Checking Connection" message. Then I receive a message stating...

"Additional authentication needed"

To connect to this network, you'll need to enter additional authentication info. If you have an alternate MAC address, choose Enter alternate MAC address.

I have two options:

1. AUTHENTICATE NOW

or

2.ENTER ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS

When I select "authenticate now" I am taken to another screen, that says welcome to xfinity hotspot and SIGN IN.

WHen I select "sign in" I am directed to another page where I can read the "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy" and that is it. I have no ability to do anything else, I can not log in. There are no links I can click to advance. There is a "Lets go" button underneath the 'Terms of Service" & "Privacy Policy" but that is inoperable. Leading me to believe something is missing, something is not right.
Thema:

1. How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How... - Similar Threads - connect xfinity wireless

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  4. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  5. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  6. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  7. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  8. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  9. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  10. Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?: There is an issue with the Xfinity hotspot Wi-Fi where you you are unable to provide log in information for xfinity on the Xbox edge browser. Previously, I had used my phones MAC address on my...