how do I change/update my microsoft account that is old/expired

Discus and support how do I change/update my microsoft account that is old/expired in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i have been using the same microsoft account on xbox for years now and it old/expired. i was wondering how i can update or change it to be updated to a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Grant Workman, Dec 3, 2022.

1. how do I change/update my microsoft account that is old/expired

i have been using the same microsoft account on xbox for years now and it old/expired. i was wondering how i can update or change it to be updated to a new email.

:)

Grant Workman, Dec 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today Grant

For this you need to access to the Microsoft account and add a new alias
    Once added enable this new alias as a sign in method and then you can delete the expired/old email

If maybe you need to know how to do this, check this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/office/add-or-rem...
  3. Tevin O Win User

Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account into two separate accounts?

Understood. After writing the post, I realized the main things I need will expire and I can create a new account and renew on there. A couple of other questions I have:

• Can my Microsoft windows license be attached to a different Microsoft account?
    • If I change the email associated to the old Microsoft account, can I reuse it on a new one?
  4. TurntxTurtle Win User

Xbox forums

In the top right corner of my Xbox it shows an old email I don't want on there and yes I changed the billing and Microsoft email but I can seem to get rid of that old one appearing but when I sign in to my Microsoft account it's still the old email so that
    might be the problem anyone know how to change the sign in email for Microsoft accounts?
  5. ShankEmDirty Win User

Changed My Name it has a suffix but no one else has the name.

I read about names getting recycled if it becomes available will my suffix vanish if the name expires or do i need to change my name and then if it becomes available in the future change to it after that also it was my old account and i got it perma banned
    for modding on dungeon defenders i was underage and did not know better. So do they recycle names to banned accounts also if the name gets recycled how will you know will you just be able to search for gamertags and it would not pop up anymore.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

separating accounts

you cannot transfer games/DLC or save from one account to another but you can change the account email address. It can be a multi-step process however I do not know that you can make an account a child account once validated as an adult, if that's what
    you want to do.

Add an email address verify it works

update primary email address, make sure it works

Remove old email address.

how to change your email address
Thema:

1. how do I change/update my microsoft account that is old/expired - Similar Threads - change update microsoft

2. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d
  3. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...
  4. New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now

in XBoX Accessibility
    New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now: title pretty much says it. I did the update, cant sign into my Xbox account because it requires me to reset my password, i had to download Microsoft authenticator. when i reset the password i get...
  5. How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?: So I had connected my xbox to my Hotspot since our internet wasn't working, & didn't change it back before I went to go do something, 8 hours later I come back to find my console is updating but...
  6. Xbox is changing September update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is changing September update: September update explained - Article submitted by /u/amalj99x9 [link] [comments]
  7. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  8. I tried changing my gamerpic roughly two days ago but it hsn't updated yet

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried changing my gamerpic roughly two days ago but it hsn't updated yet: So I changed my gamer pic because i haven't changed in around 2 years and I wanted something new and I tried changing it but I hasn't updated and It been over 2 almost and I was just wondering if...
  9. Gamertag change not updating on android app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change not updating on android app: Hi. I've just set up a series x today and signed in on my old 360 account. I've changed my gamertag on my console but the app still shows my original tag. When I sign out and resign in it shows my...
  10. this june xbox system update is nothing changed the other last two updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    this june xbox system update is nothing changed the other last two updates.: im sick of the xbox dashboard being the same since the xbox series x launch im sick of the same old dash sounds. just update the xbox series x dashboard for xbox series x only completley its...