How do I change the version in OSU files to update?

Discus and support How do I change the version in OSU files to update? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to do it? My xbox hdd died and I'm trying to install a new one, but the version of My OS is greater than the oficial actual one.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ImpossiblePositive98, May 11, 2021.

1. How do I change the version in OSU files to update?

Does anyone know how to do it? My xbox hdd died and I'm trying to install a new one, but the version of My OS is greater than the oficial actual one.

submitted by /u/ImpossiblePositive98
    [link] [comments]

/u/ImpossiblePositive98, May 11, 2021
  2. APestalki Win User

xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one

No, they are not updated. That’s the point. We have the 7196 version and that OSU files are for the 7194. That means that when we try to do the offline upgrade process, it fails because our Xbox is in a higher version than the one that we are trying to
    install.

The same process but with the updated OSU files should solve our problems.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

What if I never download system updates?

Hey Speedster

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to the OSU files, those are updated frequently, and are always up-to-date.

**However, the OSU does not carry the full update and you will still need to connect to Xbox Live to complete this process.**

We will now be converting this to a discussion, as we feel this will more greatly benefit your thread.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
    The highlighted sentence - how do you figure that? The system update from Xbox Live for August 2019 is under half a gig. While the OSU1 file is 5.7gigs. How can it not be the full update? It takes you to the dash and everything works normally again - the
    dash version corresponds to the July 2019 version however, not August. I suppose I'll have to wait on MS until they update OSU1 to the August 2019 OS version.

Osu is only ment to be iso for the xbox os so you can reinstall the os if something gets currupted. Not a update tool like the pushed updates
  4. SammyVS Win User

Update issue

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?
    Have you tried offline update with OSU 2 and OSU 3 files?
  5. APestalki Win User

xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one

Same problem here. Any news?Im not part of the Insider program (I have installed the app in my PC (because my xbox is bricked) and after login with my user it tolds me to join so I undestand that Im not registered) but today my xbox has been updated to
    the same version as yours and now gives me different errors at startup (E101, E102, E106).

As you say, the OSU files that we can download from the official site are not updated...

By the way, how do you check the OSU version without trying to install it?
  6. Speedster996 Win User

What if I never download system updates?

Hey Speedster

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to the OSU files, those are updated frequently, and are always up-to-date.

**However, the OSU does not carry the full update and you will still need to connect to Xbox Live to complete this process.**

We will now be converting this to a discussion, as we feel this will more greatly benefit your thread.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
    The highlighted sentence - how do you figure that? The system update from Xbox Live for August 2019 is under half a gig. While the OSU1 file is 5.7gigs. How can it not be the full update? It takes you to the dash and everything works normally again - the
    dash version corresponds to the July 2019 version however, not August. I suppose I'll have to wait on MS until they update OSU1 to the August 2019 OS version.
Thema:

How do I change the version in OSU files to update?

1. How do I change the version in OSU files to update? - Similar Threads - change version OSU

2. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  5. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  6. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  7. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  8. How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?: i Bought bannerlord from microsoft store how to change the version? in steam i can change by click on the beta version menu in properties thanks ed6752ad-21fd-4cd4-9a7e-1e7e6cf93fa1
  9. Can you change game versions on the pc app?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you change game versions on the pc app?: If so how? submitted by /u/Mr_Goose26 [link] [comments]
  10. Can I change my Minecraft version to an older one in Xbox one?( I have the newest one)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change my Minecraft version to an older one in Xbox one?( I have the newest one): Can I change my Minecraft version to an older one in Xbox one?( I have the newest one) cf61b5da-66dc-4a4a-87ab-a5130c13dea2