How do I change the email and password of a Xbox account without signing into it

Discus and support How do I change the email and password of a Xbox account without signing into it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; One day I turned on my Xbox and my account just WASN'T there, now Xbox won't let me put it back and the people aren't being helpful. I have tried so... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ace ., Jan 20, 2023.

1. Ace .
    Ace . Guest

How do I change the email and password of a Xbox account without signing into it

One day I turned on my Xbox and my account just WASN'T there, now Xbox won't let me put it back and the people aren't being helpful. I have tried so many times

:)

Ace ., Jan 20, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

If you want to make changes to the email addresses or phone numbers associated with your Microsoft account, use our guided support tool below to help you update the right information in the right way.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2216784

To change your password please go to the link below

How to change your Microsoft account password

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

I can't figure out how to access my account

Do you know the email and password for the account?

If your xbox were to ask you to sign in with the email and password do you know what those are?

If not you can try and recover the account by going to account.live.com/acsr and see if you may have access to the security proofs to reset the password once you do that you can then go in and change the email used to sign in by adding a new email at account.live.com/addassocid
    and add a new email used to sign into the account and then make that new email the primary email address for the account and then remove the old email from the account.

This will only change the email associated with the account any passwords, security proofs, billing addresses will remain the same but those then can be changed by going to account.microsoft.com
  4. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Account compromised, how to lock it down?

[quote user="xX419xKILLERSxX"]

someone has my email and pass. for xbox . but im still signed in to my account on the commputer. how do i get my account back?

[/quote]

Change your password for the email address that is associated with yoru gamertag.
  5. is that Hydro Win User

Xbox account

Hello I was wondering how to change the email and pasword linked to my xbox account without changing the email for my microsoft account just my xbox account?
    Sign in to your account using your existing email and password.

Go to "Your info" at the top left of the page.

Select "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft." (Next to your displayed email address)

You may be asked to verify your account before changes can be made. Follow the instructions provided to select your alias:

Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an email address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. You’ll be returned to the previous screen. Select Verify and follow the instructions provided.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account Help!

Do you remember the password for the Hotmail account?

if so it is still a good email it would be the same password that you would use say if you were trying to sign into the account on your xbox console.

to check the Hotmail email you would go to outlook.com and sign in with the Hotmail email and password associated with that account.

if you do not remember the password you can try and recover the Hotmail account at account.live.com/acsr

then you can sign into the account at account.live.com/addassocid and change the email address associated with that Microsoft account.

Now to answer your question NO you can not transfer purchases made on one account to another account.

but you can recover your old account and change the email used for signing into that account. by following the directions above
Thema:

1. How do I change the email and password of a Xbox account without signing into it - Similar Threads - change email password

2. Can I get my account back after a hacker changed the email and the password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get my account back after a hacker changed the email and the password?: Recently, I foolishly joined a discord server from a link in a Minecraft server. Once I did, it asked me to verify my microsoft account, which should have been a red flag. However, I continued...
  3. My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...: ^tittle, also we have wrote to minecraft support, but they said that because of the migration thing, u gotta write to microsoft, but they dont really have a letter box i could find soooo yea. plz...
  4. My minecraft account was hacked into with the password being changed and the email changed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account was hacked into with the password being changed and the email changed...: My minecraft account was hacked into and I tried contacting minecraft help on recovering my account. They have told me to come to microsoft support saying they dont have control of their accounts...
  5. my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...: my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell me what to do i tried the microsoft support but it is not working 1bc71b3e-94ed-44e9-8339-2aab49494ec3
  6. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  7. my xbox account got hacked and the guy changed my password and the email what can i do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox account got hacked and the guy changed my password and the email what can i do?: my xbox account was hacked and they changed the email and password i think i know the email but im not sure what could i do?? 13198a67-9456-4fea-a26c-7c507df5abc2
  8. My microsoft account was hacked and the email, username, and passwords were changed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked and the email, username, and passwords were changed.: This account was only used for the Xbox app to play videogames. Due to the username being changed, i cannot use Microsofts account recovery form to regain access. When i try to log in with my...
  9. My son's account has the email and password changed, tried online recover but no luck for now

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's account has the email and password changed, tried online recover but no luck for now: I have two child's account under my main account. For both I purchased a license for Minecraft. Now my son, yesterday received an information that his email linked to the microsoft has changed...
  10. Microsoft and Minecraft accounts compromised, password changed, and email changed twice.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft and Minecraft accounts compromised, password changed, and email changed twice.: Around a month ago my Microsoft account was hacked by someone in China. I am only writing this now because I have been trying for weeks to find away to get the account back. When the account got...